kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

In those Sony/Jobs emails as it was falling apart and they were losing Fincher and couldn't get Leo or Cruise  Sorkin's reply to the suggestion of Fassbender was he didn't know who Fassbender was and the rest of the world isn't going to care, that it was insane. He later agreed because they were running out of time and he was a great actor.

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-hunger-games-mockingjay-box-office-1201600785/

In fall anticipation surveys, interest in Steve Jobs dropped 7.9% when people were told Fassbender was the star. And while I kinda get that one given the lack of resemblance, interest in Macabeth drops 23.5% when Fassbender and Cotillard are paired with the film- which baffles me and makes me wonder if Fassbender isn't sparking any interest in audiences.

Though it wouldn't surprise me at all, if they only interviewed like 30 people.

That literally makes 0 sense. Did someone asked if JGL was pushing people away from The Walk and The Night Before?

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-hunger-games-mockingjay-box-office-1201600785/

"In fall anticipation surveys, interest in Steve Jobs dropped 7.9% when people were told Fassbender was the star"

Though it wouldn't surprise me at all, if they only polled like 40 people.

Well, Fassbender isn't a big name, so it isn't that surprising. Christian Bale as Jobs or DiCaprio as Jobs would probably spark more interest.

That literally makes 0 sense. Did someone asked if JGL was pushing people away from The Walk and The Night Before?

Yeah, I wouldn't take it seriously. Very few actors are draws these days. It's all about concept and execution more then anything.

Yeah, I wouldn't take it seriously. Very few actors are draws these days. It's all about concept and execution more then anything.

This quote from the article tells me that shit is not reliable at all:

“Rock the Kasbah,” a military comedy with Bill Murray and Bruce Willis, received a 39.7% surge in popularity when the cast was revealed.

• Like 3

Well, Fassbender isn't a big name, so it isn't that surprising. Christian Bale as Jobs or DiCaprio as Jobs would probably spark more interest.

Yes, but even Bale has little major box office success outside of Nolan's Batman trilogy, though to be fair, his appearance would spark more interest, it just doesn't always lead to good box office.

Bale would have worked but I think Tom Cruise who looks more similar to Jobs would have been more interesting but given his Mission Impossible commitments, he was always unlikely 

Well, why is a well-received movie about a super famous dead guy and with Oscar buzz flopping when this weekend's output is literally all garbarge? 

Everyone already spent their movie-going allowance from their parents on star wars this week.

• Like 2