kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

They did some study/polling re: Hollywood stars and their ability to draw an audience. Fassbender was one notable name who, when the questioner mentioned that he was in a particular film, made the interest in the film decrease rather than increase. 

Maybe it has more to do with the roles he chooses and not the films he's in.  

Come on, if you put Bradley Cooper, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise in all the films that Fass was in, would they really have done any better?

• Like 1

Well, why is a well-received movie about a super famous dead guy and with Oscar buzz flopping when this weekend's output is literally all garbarge? 

When I think "Steve Jobs" I don't exactly think exciting move ready biography. Not helped by the fact that there was already a movie done and it was a snooze-fest. 

Remember that they are comparing the interest of the film to itself before and after the actors were mentioned. It's not saying that Bill Murray film had high interest to begin with, just that interest went up once his name was brought up. 

Edited by moviesRus
  • Like 2

Speaking of Bradley Cooper...just how badly is Burnt going to bomb next weekend? I swear, after having such a banner 2014, he's had an almost paranormally bad 2015.

AS is 2015 for all intents and purposes. And he has Joy. Another solid year for him in the end.  

Edited by MovieMan89

Speaking of Bradley Cooper...just how badly is Burnt going to bomb next weekend? I swear, after having such a banner 2014, he's had an almost paranormally bad 2015.

Burnt has got terrible reviews, I wonder if TWC knew they had a stinker when they slotted on Halloween weekend?

AS is 2015 for all intents and purposes. And he has Joy. 

True, it did have its crazy run during the first few months. But after that...Serena, Aloha, and Burnt. Ouch.

His role in Joy is supposed to be a 5 minute cameo that the marketing is milking for all its worth, so that won't really reverse the damage.

It is having a solid opening here this weekend. 

True, it did have its crazy run during the first few months. But after that...Serena, Aloha, and Burnt. Ouch.

His role in Joy is supposed to be a 5 minute cameo that the marketing is milking for all its worth, so that won't really reverse the damage.

The way they are putting Cooper s name on Joy s posters & trailers is shameful to be honest.

Shame on you Fox !

• Like 1

Woah, seriously?

It s probably a  bit more but yeah, he s very far from being the third character in the movie.

Edgar Ramirez is Joy s husband for example.

Edited the wife thing, lol !

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1