Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think having separate TV and film universes works better for WB/DC, it was really problematic for AoS in season 1. I do want to see a DCEU TV series eventually, The Question or Doom Patrol would be my choice although I would prefer a Doom Patrol film.

If the Krypon TV show goes forward, DCEU will have a tv show.

33 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Yet you won't put DC over Marvel, despite the Nolan trilogy. And their clear historical history of being superior.

I'll always put Nolan over anything Marvel has done. I love all three Dark Knight movies. I would say they are better films than anything Marvel has done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

I too enjoyed: Superman 3, Superman 4, Supergirl, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, Steel, Catwoman, Constantine, Superman Returns, Jonah Hex, and Green Lantern.

Did you also enjoy all 3 Blade films, every Fantastic Four film, X-Men Origins, X3, Spider Man 3, Amazing Spider Man 2, the Ghost Rider films, Punisher War Zone, Elektra, Daredevil, and Howard the Duck?

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

They're interchangeable.. It's a win win situation that way..

you're answer has nothing to do with my post , water bottle questioned the relevance of another post for mentioning a movie  that isn't a part of the shared universe that's how my post works , but I do understand why you need to take it out of context :rolleyes:

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

He's got a vision -- for a ton of mediocre movies, with a couple good ones mixed in here and there. :)

That is not untrue. :)

Still enjoy them. I also enjoyed BvS.

Enjoyed most all comic movies I've watched. Except MoS.

Edited by RandomJC

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Hey now.. Howard the Duck RULED.. As a matter of fact, WB/DC wish they had their own Howard the Duck to Capitalize on, unless you count BvsS, which is there version of Howard the Duck I suppose???

officehappygasp.gif

that was quite the joke there, kiddo

8 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Did you also enjoy all 3 Blade films, every Fantastic Four film, X-Men Origins, X3, Spider Man 3, Amazing Spider Man 2, the Ghost Rider films, Punisher War Zone, Elektra, Daredevil, and Howard the Duck?

Remarkebly none of those movies were made by Marvel. But you tried though and I respect you for it

CtN3E6r.jpg

Oh, so this is where you can dump poison into the well freely? 

Hmm, I feel particularly mischievous and in a stirry mood today so

chris-hemsworth-marvel-vs-dc-02a.gif?w=6

chris-hemsworth-marvel-vs-dc-02b.gif?w=6

:ph34r:

Eh, that's all I got. Peace out then. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Remarkebly none of those movies were made by Marvel. But you tried though and I respect you for it

CtN3E6r.jpg

His point still stands though, both of you were talking about histories of both DC and Marvel , just because Marvel almost bankrupt and had to sell it's characters to a million different studios does not change the fact that those films are part of Marvel's history. Or you mean to say Marvel had no film what so ever prior to it's Disney phase?

18 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Christopher Nolan Dark Knight trilogy has more Oscar wins than the whole MCU.  

Thanks to Heath Ledger and a sound editor.

Outside of that you're about even with Marvel.

As usual, Heath Ledger elevates TDKT above being just a pretentious Law and Order, Batman series.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Oh, so this is where you can dump poison into the well freely? 

Hmm, I feel particularly mischievous and in a stirry mood today so

chris-hemsworth-marvel-vs-dc-02a.gif?w=6

chris-hemsworth-marvel-vs-dc-02b.gif?w=6

:ph34r:

Eh, that's all I got. Peace out then. 

Man, I was expecting something nastier.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

As usual, Heath Ledger elevates TDKT above being just a pretentious Law and Order, Batman series.

Cute.

• Community Manager
16 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I thought this thread was named Marvel vs DC not MCU vs DCEU.

Sure. But I don't see the point of Nolan vs. MCU. I don't bring up Raimi's Spiderman vs. DCEU. It's in the past.  There is a new Batman and a new Spiderman now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerald kikyou said:

His point still stands though, both of you were talking about histories of both DC and Marvel , just because Marvel almost bankrupt and had to sell it's characters to a million different studios does not change the fact that those films are part of Marvel's history. Or you mean to say Marvel had no film what so ever prior to it's Disney phase?

I would say that while those films contained Marvel properties does not mean that Marvel had much to do with their production. Since Marvel studios, the actual studio run by Marvel to make movies only released it's first film in 2008, it isn't unfair to separate out those films from what came before. (Like how most separate Fox Marvel films.)

Of course, 2008 does predate Disney's acquisition in 2009...so, Marvel did make movies before it's Disney phase.

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Maybe Marvel can learn to tell a compelling story and hire a good cinematography.

Here is a pro for both DC and Marvel Elfman's batman and Spider-Man score. The two best superhero scores.  

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 2