Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 5/20/2016 at 10:38 PM, Arlborn said:

The Martha scene was just poorly set up. They may or may not explain it better in the infamous extended cut but it doesn't change the fact that it was poorly set up in the version of the movie most people will remember.

With that said, I understood the double impact that scene is supposed to have (superman giving the only man who can save his mom something to work with plus batman's guilt over his own mother) and I did feel it. I guess I am just more forgiving of this movie's flaws than many others are.

I feel this scene was taken as the scapegoat though and people are way too harsh on it. Snyder didn't tell the story most people were hoping for so they just decided to vent their frustration at it through the ridiculing of this particular scene. I suppose that's fair enough for them, just a shame so many people couldn't enjoy it as much as they wanted to. I know I did.

That may be true, but I compare it to the "Noooo!" scene in RotS.   It was bad, but really it's just focused on as a poster child for how bad the entire PT was.    "Martha!" fulfills that same purpose with BvS.    Instead of going down the long list of things that didn't work, just say "Martha!"    It's like fan shorthand.

On 5/20/2016 at 0:34 AM, Talkie said:

That was the exact same look of incomprehension Superman wore as people lay dead and dying around him after the bomb exploded. There was no attempt to save lives, no sense of horror or pain. Superman came off as very dull-witted  and emotionless through the movie.

That was the worst part for me.   I know a few Batman fans and they typically like BvS.    I guess all they really wanted was to see Batman beat up Superman since they talk about that so much.    They never liked Superman to begin with so they don't mind that he is so badly mis-handled in BvS.   They just need him in the movie to make Batman look cool.

But for a Superman fan....BvS is an abomination.  :angry:  Not sure if there is such a thing as "DC fans" sometimes.   Seems like most of them are just Batman fans who don't actually like the other DC characters that much.   I guess DC knows this so that probably means Flash, WW, and Aquaman will look like morons in the JL movie so Batman can be the main character.

At least Marvel isn't afraid to let their most popular character be left defeated and in anguish at the end of CW.   I haven't heard any Iron Man fans complain about it either.   The Batman fans I know would lose their minds if that happened to Batman.

On 5/20/2016 at 3:03 AM, Deathlife said:

SHIELD in another form still existed and most of their equipment was still intact (that's how Fury and Hill got access to another Helicarrier).Agents of SHIELD dealt with this but I understand if no one watched the show because it's not very good (it improved vastly after Winter Soldier but took a dip again). I also felt it shouldn't have been brought into AOU at all. It was one of the many issues that made that movie clunky.

I've been trying to keep up with that show, but it makes me mad most of the time.   Who is in charge of "Skye/Daisy's drama filled life and her friends"?   The ratings can't be very good and yet they stubbornly cling to centering the show around that nondescript actress and that irritating character.

Every time the show gets away from her for a while (not often) it improves DRAMATICALLY.    Someone in charge of that show must be doing it to spite people at this point.

On 5/20/2016 at 9:53 AM, Otakusai said:

Doctor Strange is going to do much better than Ant-Man.

Its going to be a spectacular cinematic experience. 

I'll believe that when I see it.   I'm looking forward to Dr Strange because I like the character and love Cumberbach...but I can't imagine the GA is going to care that much.

On 5/20/2016 at 0:36 PM, Otakusai said:

You know why the MCU is winning?

Because they'd never hire anyone like Gal Gadot for a pivotal, vital role, not in a million years.

Gotta agree with that.   She was "ok" in BvS.   It helped that the rest of the movie was so bad...probably made her look better.   ...But then that scene happened at the end in the cemetery.    That scene required more acting than the cutesy party scenes and she was painfully bad.    She already is far too frail looking to play WW, now add in the bad acting and WW could be a train wreck.    That casting just screams fanboy casting.   FF fanboys are in love with her so WB thought it would be a great idea I guess.    Looks like nothing has changed from what it was like in that story Kevin Smith tells about writing a Superman script for them.    Marvel at least looks like they are trying to hire the best talent most of the time.   I thought they went for stunt-casting with Portman in the Thor movies and that was a horrible choice too.    The other ones I can compare to Gadot would be ScarJo and Zoe Saldana...but those actually worked out great.

On 5/20/2016 at 5:15 PM, dudalb said:

You do know that Deadpool and X Men are not Marvel Studio films? Marvel will get a percentage of the profits, but not anywhere near the percentage that they make from their own productions.

Probably meant the success is for Marvel fans.   An embarrassment of riches for them.  (although Xmen might turn out meh)

On 5/21/2016 at 4:44 AM, Thrylos 7 said:

Meh, what is there to compare ? There's a ton of successful marvel movies, both by marvel studios and other studios that have the rights to various marvel characters , against eeeeeehhhhhh a few successful batman  movies and the first two superman movies from 30+  years ago . You have characters like deadpool, blade, ant man having their own franchises for crying out loud !!! Add the amazing Netflix tv shows against the shitty CW shows and marvel wins even there .

Not good for the genre.   Marvel fans need to start rooting for DC to stop sucking so much because it's going to hurt Marvel too.   You could make the case it's happening already.

• Like 3

I think the modern day audience is more than intelligent enough to differentiate between the different brands of comic book movies especially since there isn't much intelligence needed as the Marvel logo is bandied about in the marketing for the movies so people know. 

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yep marvel is hurting from all the shitty CBM from other studios, even more so from other studios using marvel characters and the marvel logo . 

GA doesn't know the difference between Marvel DC.

I have heard these words. "I can't wait for that Flash TV Show. I love all those Marvel Movies." It's all the same stuff to them. So while Marvel idiots may love DC failing, audience just sees a CBM movie failing, and ask "Why do I want to see more, the last one kind of sucked, and this next one looks the same.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

GA doesn't know the difference between Marvel DC.

I have heard these words. "I can't wait for that Flash TV Show. I love all those Marvel Movies." It's all the same stuff to them. So while Marvel idiots may love DC failing, audience just sees a CBM movie failing, and ask "Why do I want to see more, the last one kind of sucked, and this next one looks the same.

I'd say a solid portion can tell you the difference. The issue is they just don't give a shit. This "battle" exists only in the bizarre online fanboy world. It's beyond foolish for fans of one to root for the other fail. As you said, if people are disappointed by one, they're more inclined to skip the next one. 

• Like 2

Just now, RichWS said:

I'd say a solid portion can tell you the difference. The issue is they just don't give a shit. This "battle" exists only in the bizarre online fanboy world. It's beyond foolish for fans of one to root for the other fail. As you said, if people are disappointed by one, they're more inclined to skip the next one. 

I don't know...but I don't talk to enough people. This fan competition is always foolish to me. I just want good stories from my comics. I'll read whoever writes them. As a fan of Marvel Movies, I don't want DC to fail, I want them to do modestly well to keep public interest and then have Marvel just do way better. I am biased. As a general fan, I just want movies I can enjoy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yep marvel is hurting from all the shitty CBM from other studios, even more so from other studios using marvel characters and the marvel logo . 

I hadn't thought of that one.    Among the smaller portion of the audience who do know the difference, some of those don't know the difference between Fox, Sony, and Marvel "Marvel" movies.    So that FF movie and TASM movies certainly don't have a positive effect on Marvel Studios movies.   Would be exactly the same if Fox put out terrible Flash movies with a big "DC Comics" banner.   Most of the audience doesn't know...but some of them know the two main brands and a portion of that audience would be turned off toward "DC movies".

All this stuff counts in the marketplace.   Some bigger effects than others, but it all comes together to make the market what it is.

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I think the modern day audience is more than intelligent enough to differentiate between the different brands of comic book movies especially since there isn't much intelligence needed as the Marvel logo is bandied about in the marketing for the movies so people know. 

You would be very surprised.   Just ask around among people you know aren't into geek culture.   They have no idea.   Those logos at the beginning of movies don't actually mean anything to most people.    It's like seeing "Lionsgate" or "20th Century Fox".    It's there...but most people don't pay attention.    Heck...I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I didn't realize it was a big deal to some SW fans to have the Fox music at the beginning of SW movies.  I never actually noticed it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Heck...I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I didn't realize it was a big deal to some SW fans to have the Fox music at the beginning of SW movies.  I never actually noticed it.

That one is a little odd. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2016 at 5:58 AM, kdx125 said:

Stacking up vaporware like Harley Quinn against Thor and/or Black Panther isn't really a fair comparison. Going by release dates, the MCU-DCEU fight card would more appropriately be:

Doctor Strange vs. Suicide Squad

Guardians of the Galaxy vs. Justice League

Thor vs. Wonder Woman

Black Panther vs. Flash

As an avid boxing fan I can appreciate your  analogy, but Wonder Woman and Doctor Strange stack up because they were shot/in production at the same time and both are platforms for stand alone characters. 

But I wasn't comparing the films necessarily against one another, I was highlighting the processes in which the respective companies put together a motion picture. And in that, we see Marvel clearly proving why it's films are superior.

Have you seen that Thor 3 cast? It's tremendous. Down right, disgusting.

Ezra Miller vs Chadwick Boseman as leads? LMAO...........

These things go in cycles. DC ruled the 80s, 90s and 00s. The 10s belong to Marvel.

The pendulum will swing the other direction eventually.

DC will have to settle for winning comics, video games and television for now.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

These things go in cycles. DC ruled the 80s, 90s and 00s. The 10s belong to Marvel.

The pendulum will swing the other direction eventually.

DC will have to settle for winning comics, video games and television for now.

They aren't even winning television per se.

Dardevil and Jessica Jones are better than Felicity and Friends, Flash, LoT and Supergirl imo.

Luke Cage is on the way, so is Iron Fist (and The Punisher)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

They aren't even winning television per se.

Dardevil and Jessica Jones are better than Felicity and Friends, Flash, LoT and Supergirl imo.

Luke Cage is on the way, so is Iron Fist (and The Punisher)

Flash is the best superhero show on tv and arrow 1+2 were great even supergirl is good. Plus you can't really count netflix for a variety of reasons 

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Flash is the best superhero show on tv and arrow 1+2 were great even supergirl is good. Plus you can't really count netflix for a variety of reasons 

Give me some of those reasons if you will.

What do you consider it then?

giphy.gif

And I really like Flash, but there is no way I can compare it to the Daredevil in terms of quality. And Jessica Jones is just exemplary, Supergirl is basically a satire or a spoof.

Edited by Otakusai