Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Keep telling yourself it was dumb if it makes you feel better honey.

Even DC fanboys should realize "Martha" is one of the most iconically bad cinematic moments in recent history.

• Like 9

Just now, Napoleon said:

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's dumb.

I understand it and the majority does too (even my 7 year old cousin) but it's still horribly executed and the majority understands that too.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 4

Since the Inhumans is going to have a limited 2-week IMAX run are we doing a thread for this "film" aka opening 2 episodes of the series?

The trailer dropped earlier.

https://youtu.be/1sYF1SXcWqQ

To date this maybe the most pedestrian footage for any Marvel project. I got no sense of wonder. No scenes that WOWED me. 

I'll see it, cause I see all comic book fare, but at first blush I'm not impressed on any level and that's not happened for me with any Marvel Studios project before. 

Edited by Captain Craig
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I understand it and the majority does too (even my 7 year old cousin) but it's still horribly executed and the majority understands that too.

One thing is to understand what's happening physically in a scene, another thing is to understand what's happening internally for the characters. A lot of people don't seem to feel empathetic for the characters in the movie, which may be the filmmaker's fault, but that is what should be pointed out as the problem. The scene is not dumb.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's dumb.

It was dumb. It was insanely dumb.

And the "you're too dumb to understand it" argument is beyond obnoxious. I know you weren't talking to me, but as this is a public forum, I get to respond to whomever I choose to. So, yes, I do understand it - Superman was trying to put someone's life (his own mother's) ahead of his own, I did get that. And I think the vast majority of people do to. But the execution made it all look like Batman stopped fighting Superman because he discovered that there are more Marthas in this world other than his dead mom instead. Which is pathetically dumb.

Anyway.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It was dumb. It was insanely dumb.

And the "you're too dumb to understand it" argument is beyond obnoxious. I know you weren't talking to me, but as this is a public forum, I get to respond to whomever I choose to. So, yes, I do understand it - Superman was trying to put someone's life (his own mother's) ahead of his own, I did get that. And I think the vast majority of people do to. But the execution made it all look like Batman stopped fighting Superman because he discovered that there are more Marthas in this world other than his dead mom instead. Which is pathetically dumb.

Anyway.

But that's just not what happened at all.

• Like 1

I'm going to see Spider-Man: Homecoming probably on that Saturday, the 8th.  I think it could be good or even very good but I am very cautious heading into it based on the trailers,  it didn't light my world on fire. Maybe if there is going to be a spoilers thread I can discuss it there,  the actual Spider-Man thread is not a place you want to post at if you have even the tiniest bit of negativity or criticisms. They don't react well to that. 

• Like 1