Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

Maybe you just didn't want them to get the film rights back to Spider-Man. You were adamant that you wanted Sony to keep those film rights.  I thought you were part of the camp that wanted Fox to keep the X-Men film rights too, but maybe it just seemed that way.

I don't even understand in what way, shape, or form it "seemed that way" to you, because two of the things that @iJackSparrow has always been extremely vocal about (to some people, annoyingly so) is the rights of the X-Men and Spidey going back to Marvel/Marvel Studios. 

Edited by Cochofles
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Currently we don’t work on R-Rated movies, it’s not out of the question but currently, no.

Currently. 

Again they could but I don't think it's likely in the next 10 years.

A scenario I could see it happening if that included somehow Marvel and Fox working a deal. So Deadpool would get to be set in the MCU and be a rated R film made by Fox. 

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I don't even understand in what way, shape, or form it "seemed that way" to you, because two of the things that @iJackSparrow has always been extremely vocal about (to some people, annoyingly so) is the rights of the X-Men and Spidey going back to Marvel/Marvel Studios. 

AND/OR made a deal to work in partnership, like it happened between Marvel Studios / Sony. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I mean don't get me wrong the MCU makes good to great CBMs but I don't think they'll break past their comfort zone (i.e. R rated superhero movies). 

I mean that's basically it, mcu is good(very good), it doesn't need deadpool and deadpool definitely doesn't need to be toned down for the mcu.

Eventually if they don't get creative enough with deadpool it might get stale but in this day and age vulgur/sex/violence like deadpool sells like crazy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I honestly think you got something wrong. That's a position that I've always defended it, with that said, I wouldn't be opposed to Fox keeping making X-Men films without Marvel Studios if only they were as good as Deadpool and set in that same universe. That'st not what we are getting at the moment though. 

Can some of the old timers that talk with me chime in about this? @Cochofles, @Captain Craig, @Harpospoke, @druv10?

Edit: And I just wanted good Spider-Man films, and I remember saying time and time again how great it'd be if TASM could somehow make its way into the MCU. Obviously, I was wrong about that after TASM2, but I think my position regarding Marvel Studios having all the Marvel characters at their disposal was always crystal clear, I would believe. Not sure how you got that idea, but that's not what I meant at all. 

I may have gotten that idea because you said things like Sony made better Spider-Man cartoons than Marvel (because you liked some cartoon, which I think was called Superior Spider-Man), so they will make better movies as well. And you didn't think Marvel would make better Spider-Man movies than Sony. There were obviously lots of other things that you said that I don't remember. But you never said you wanted Marvel to have all of their characters back. You did say that if Marvel ever wants Spider-Man in the Avengers movies, then they would have to make a deal with Sony to give Sony some of the profits, which I said wouldn't happen and it didn't happen.

I wish I could find the threads where you said that stuff, but honestly, it was 4-5 years ago.

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

AND/OR made a deal to work in partnership, like it happened between Marvel Studios / Sony. 

If there is one property I'd love to see done by the MCU, that's the Xmen.

God, how I'd love to see this X-Men lineup (plus Kitty!) brought to life by the MCU...and guess what, a huge reason is color... (LOL...laugh at me or roll your eyes. I don't care)

54328eff2a74710697de92027a7319bd.jpg

Yep, I'd love to see the breezy, colorful aesthetic that the MCU usually brings to CBMs (I am not talking about jokes, but actual color palette) applied to the Xmen.

I would die if I ever saw these costumes translated to the big screen the way that MCU does, which lets the costumes retain their colorful essence while still making them functional and cinematic...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I mean that's basically it, mcu is good(very good), it doesn't need deadpool and deadpool definitely doesn't need to be toned down for the mcu.

Eventually if they don't get creative enough with deadpool it might get stale but in this day and age vulgur/sex/violence like deadpool sells like crazy. 

What if Fox and Marvel Studios worked a deal so Fox would produce Deadpool/X-Force/X-Men spin-offs like Logan rated r but having Deadpool set in the MCU and eventually showing up in big events - censored, of course, but still having his own rated r film - AND we get X-Men films with the help of Marvel Studios? That would be the ideal scenario for me. 

17 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Are you kidding me? He called me an idiot when I first joined this site because I said I didn't want TASM to do well because I wanted Marvel to have the film rights back. I guess maybe that's why it seemed that way to me. So to answer your question more directly: it seemed that way because he said it.

Just now, Walt Disney said:

Are you kidding me? He called me an idiot when I first joined this site because I said I didn't want TASM to do well because I wanted Marvel to have the film rights back. I guess maybe that's why it seemed that way to me. So to answer your question more directly: it seemed that way because he said it.

Oh, I didn't know that. 

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

What if Fox and Marvel Studios worked a deal so Fox would produce Deadpool/X-Force/X-Men spin-offs like Logan rated r but having Deadpool set in the MCU and eventually showing up in big events - censored, of course, but still having his own rated r film - AND we get X-Men films with the help of Marvel Studios? That would be the ideal scenario for me. 

I guess I just don't think it's necessary but I understand  you and others wanting it. I've liked all the xmen movies so I guess that's why I don't really care. 

37 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I may have gotten that idea because you said things like Sony made better Spider-Man cartoons than Marvel (because you liked some cartoon, which I think was called Superior Spider-Man), so they will make better movies as well. And you didn't think Marvel would make better Spider-Man movies than Sony. There were obviously lots of other things that you said that I don't remember. But you never said you wanted Marvel to have all of their characters back. You did say that if Marvel ever wants Spider-Man in the Avengers movies, then they would have to make a deal with Sony to give Sony some of the profits, which I said wouldn't happen and it didn't happen.

I wish I could find the threads where you said that stuff, but honestly, it was 4-5 years ago.

You can go through all my posts and try to find stuff like that. I don't think you understand the nuance of what I've said though. Any big Spider-Man buff like for example @Spidey Freak knows that Spectacular Spider-Man is considered Spider-Man's equivalent to Batman TAS. Hell, I'm pretty damn sure that Batman's resident biggest Batman fan @redfirebird2008 agrees that Spectacular COULD have reached the heights of Batman TAS if it was allowed to keep going. Marvel TV replaced with Ultimate Spider-Man, which most people acknowledge that it was pretty bad. I don't think I have ever said that Marvel Studios wouldn't be capable of doing better films than Sony, that just doesn't seem like something like I'd ever say. The truth is that indeed, Sony did a Spider-Man ANIMATION show better than Marvel TV. But that was something that fell on their lap, the team that made Spectacular went to work for WB and created Young Justice, which is getting a revival if I'm not mistaken.

MEANWHILE, MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN, the new Marvel animation show that just premiered is a freaking slam dunk as far as I'm concerned. It has the potential to get even better than Spectacular and I'm pretty much smitten with it. They have learned their lessons with Ultimate Spider-Man and are getting praised by that. But that's the animation side of things, and we all know how different the TV and Marvel Studios side of things are. Honestly, I dare you to find anything like that about me. If you want to help to start looking, here you go:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/profile/1454-ijacksparrow/content/?type=forums_topic_post&page=615

Edited by iJackSparrow

7 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I'm pretty sure I've apologised for that time and time again, but I still mantain that wanting a film to fail so Marvel would get the rights back isn't something that I'd say I'm okay with. And I'm the biggest asshole against Fox X-Men films that has ever criticized those films here. I don't root against them because I feel it's a waste of time. I think we just started in the wrong foot, because I'm pretty much against this kind of behavior in general, you know? Does that makes sense to you? 

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

You can go through all my posts and try to find stuff like that. I don't think you understand the nuance of what I've said thought.

There's no nuance. You said what you said. You didn't want Marvel to get the rights back. You wanted them to make movies with Sony as a partner. You used the animated series as one of your reasons. I just hope that I can find what you said.