Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

27 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

So in other words, we're to believe Blade Runner & Kingsman are more anticipated than It, which is going to crush both.

Look Thor 3 is going to do awesome, but it's just the next MCU movie in the conveyor belt, it's not opening to 150+ million.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

So in other words, we're to believe Blade Runner & Kingsman are more anticipated than It, which is going to crush both.

Look Thor 3 is going to do awesome, but it's just the next MCU movie in the conveyor belt, it's not opening to 150+ million.

I agree with you in general, but it has the feel of something a little bigger than this. There is a bit of an event feel to it, what with the Hulk being included and the descriptor we're constantly hearing from Feige and Co. that this is the movie that is going to set up AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

My prediction has been $110M-$115M for its opening, with a small possibility of $120M+, and a domestic total of arou d $300M. A little under or a little over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

More anticipater than IT by the type of movie goers that would answer to those type of pool (not surprising if for "cinephile" Scott/Villeneuve/Deakins Blade Runner is a bigger title than IT), like it say in the article:

To be fair, this poll is only an account of the kinds of moviegoers who would vote in said poll (the Bronies didn’t make themselves heard). This explains how New Line's It is in fifth place behind Blade Runner 2049 and Fox's Kingsman: The Golden Circle. Barring a fluke, I think It is going to do a little better than those action sequels.

10 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

But reading further in this thread, apparently that poll means nothing so WB can't celebrate that.

Not nothing, but a strong bias and not a particularly good poll (like any poll that is not built from randomly choose people to answer it), there is still a strong correlation between that poll result and year final ranking, but will be feel with oddity from release date effect like Force Awaken not at number one and so on.

1 hour ago, AdamKendall said:

Even if JL is terrible, it still will do 150M+ Opening Weekend. 

In other Rob Liefeld related exciting news:

http://deadline.com/2017/09/titans-alan-ritchson-hawk-dc-live-action-series-1202163748/

EXCLUSIVE: Alan Ritchson is set as Hawk in the new live-action series Titans,from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, which is slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Ritchson will play Hawk (aka Hank Hall), one-half of the crime-fighting, vigilante and romantic couple of Hawk and Dove. The perfect example of opposites attract, Hawk is an aggressive, offensive bruiser while Dove is strategic, defensive and lithe. The role is recurring, with an option to become a regular in Season 2. I hear the producers also are exploring a potential Hawk and Dove spinoff series down the road.

I don't know, @Cochofles. call me a hopeless wishful thinking optimist, but I'm actually starting to get very excited for this DC digital service. I do think it holds potential, I'm in the middle of watching Pirates 5 - I got sleepy while watching, but not because the film is bad, it's oddly quite good and on par with the original trilogy, I was just tired last night - and the Nightwing actor is easily a stand out and a good actor. I'm already a subscriber of Marvel Unlimited for my Marvel comics stuff, and the info on what this DC service will be isn't exactly clear yet, but if it includes Titans AND access to their comics at same times, I'd be in geek heaven as far as my DC fandom is concerned. Even if it doesn't include comics, I don't see how I wouldn't be subscribing for this. They seem to be treating this like an all ages Netflix version of what Marvel TV is doing with Marvel Knights, and while I agree with you that Titans belong in the big screen, maybe if this works out they can eventually make the jump to the big screen as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

In other Rob Liefeld related exciting news:

http://deadline.com/2017/09/titans-alan-ritchson-hawk-dc-live-action-series-1202163748/

I don't know, @Cochofles. call me a hopeless wishful thinking optimist, but I'm actually starting to get very excited for this DC digital service. I do think it holds potential, I'm in the middle of watching Pirates 5 - I got sleepy while watching, but not because the film is bad, it's oddly quite good and on par with the original trilogy, I was just tired last night - and the Nightwing actor is easily a stand out and a good actor. I'm already a subscriber of Marvel Unlimited for my Marvel comics stuff, and the info on what this DC service will be isn't exactly clear yet, but if it includes Titans AND access to their comics at same times, I'd be in geek heaven as far as my DC fandom is concerned. Even if it doesn't include comics, I don't see how I wouldn't be subscribing for this. They seem to be treating this like an all ages Netflix version of what Marvel TV is doing with Marvel Knights, and while I agree with you that Titans belong in the big screen, maybe if this works out they can eventually make the jump to the big screen as well. 

They're gonna need more than just Young Justice and Titans to entice people to pay for this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

They're gonna need more than just Young Justice and Titans to entice people to pay for this

I don't know. I'm already gladly excited to pay for this. If it includes access to the comics like the Marvel Unlimited service works - and I think that's a big possibility - I don't see how that could fail. It'd basically be a beefed up version of Marvel Unlimited crossed with TV Shows / Films / Animation content. I don't see how that couldn't be a profitable endeavor. I'm sure that something like that would be popular, especially if JL is a success and they are able to kickstart something like that with access to both Wonder Woman AND Justice League for streaming. That's a business model that Marvel should have followed a long time ago. 

Not sure what would be the best place to bring this article up, but since me and @Barnack were talking yesterday, I think that's the most "common ground" thread I could bring this up:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/business/media/rotten-tomatoes-box-office.html?_r=0

@Squadron Leader Tele, can we open a Rotten Tomatoes thread on the main board? Something like the General Rotten Tomatoes Watch Thread, I think it'd be a neat thread for us to discuss Rotten Tomatoes watch for less bigger films AND could be an interesting topic to bring more traffic to the boards. I'm not opening the thread, but I'm submitting the idea to avaliation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Digital access to every DC comic, every DC movie, every DC animated series and movie, loot crates every month, and it needs to cost less than the cheapest Netflix subscription...

i really dont know. Why anyone would pay for this service is truly beyond me. 

• Haha 1

And the Rob Liefeld related news JUST KEEP FREAKING COMING:

EXCLUSIVE: Friday Night Lights alumna Minka Kelly has been tapped to play Dove opposite Alan Ritchson’s Hawk in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, which is slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Kelly’s Dove, aka Dawn Granger, is one half of the crime-fighting, vigilante duo and romantic couple Dove and Hawk. Dove is strategic, defensive and lithe — the opposite of Hawk, an aggressive, offensive bruiser. Both Kelly and Ritchson will be recurring, with an option to become regulars in Season 2. I hear the producers also are exploring a potential Hawk and Dove spinoff series down the road, which would be headlined by the duo.

Source: http://deadline.com/2017/09/titans-minka-kelly-cast-dove-dc-live-action-series-1202163720/

Saying that I'm stoked for this would be an understatement. I'd glady pay a similar subscription price that I pay for Netflix for something like AJG is saying - minus the loot crates obviously, it'd be overkill and way too cheap. Notice that I pay $59 for access to all Marvel comics and that's an one year subscription. If DC charges let's say $10 dollars month, that would be $120 dollars for one year subscribers. It seems like a sustainble business model to me, one that lot of people would be interested, myself included. 

18 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Not sure what would be the best place to bring this article up, but since me and @Barnack were talking yesterday, I think that's the most "common ground" thread I could bring this up:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/business/media/rotten-tomatoes-box-office.html?_r=0

@Squadron Leader Tele, can we open a Rotten Tomatoes thread on the main board? Something like the General Rotten Tomatoes Watch Thread, I think it'd be a neat thread for us to discuss Rotten Tomatoes watch for less bigger films AND could be an interesting topic to bring more traffic to the boards. I'm not opening the thread, but I'm submitting the idea to avaliation. 

I don't see why not. 

6 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Clearly, this post by WNTTAK means that Thor 3  is going to do 40 OW/130Domestic/420 worldwide, just like Wonder Woman... :rofl: