Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Excited for the Justice League disc sales.

When BVS made more money on home video than Civil War people here said that had nothing to do with audiences liking the movie. Because it makes a lot of sense for people to buy movies they hate.

Can't wait for the excuses when Justice League makes less.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

When BVS made more money on home video than Civil War people here said that had nothing to do with audiences liking the movie. Because it makes a lot of sense for people to buy movies they hate.

Civil war was well liked

Batman vs Superman is the film that killed the DC universe

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I didn't know that but it doesn't surprise me in the least. WB owns Disney when it comes to DVD's/Blu-ray's. There's always great extra content and you feel like you got your money's worth. 

Both Avengers blu-ray's are just embarrassing, given their scope and the size of the productions. There should be a ton of extra content.

19 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

What it comes down to is 21st Century Fox the Corporation  has decided to concentrate on it's news, sports,and TV networks and  get out of the content producing business (except. of course, for News and Sports;depnding on outside providers for it "fictional"programing). Fox is selling,and only question is who will give Fox the Best Deal. I think that Fox was not quite happy with Disney's initial offer,deided to shop Fox studios around,and decided that Disney would probably give them the best deal after all.

The bit about sports is intriguing in that article, maybe part of the deal would be ESPN going over to Fox, since ESPN has become a major headache for The Mouse.

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What it comes down to is 21st Century Fox the Corporation  has decided to concentrate on it's news, sports,and TV networks and  get out of the content producing business (except. of course, for News and Sports;depnding on outside providers for it "fictional"programing). Fox is selling,and only question is who will give Fox the Best Deal. I think that Fox was not quite happy with Disney's initial offer,deided to shop Fox studios around,and decided that Disney would probably give them the best deal after all.

The bit about sports is intriguing in that article, maybe part of the deal would be ESPN going over to Fox, since ESPN has become a major headache for The Mouse.

There were a few things in the article that I found interesting. The first was that it was written about 2 weeks before Deadline reported that the talks had renewed. That leads me to believe that the author has a good read on the situation.

The second is that it is in Fox's best interest to sell now when their assets are at their highest value. The longer they delay selling, the worse their positon gets, which lowers the purchase price. Therefore, a deal should happen sooner, rather than later.

The third is how badly Sony and Paramount are doing. I figured Sony wasn't doing so well, but Paramount surprises me. Fox being a much more valuable studio than Paramount surprises me. Paramount has a massive film library that is arguably much larger than Fox's. So Fox's value must be that they are a much more successful film studio right now. Fox also makes sense because Disney could get Star Wars Episode IV, X-Men, FF and the Avatar franchise (and the Avatar franchise sets Disney up nicely for the 2020's), but that is stuff that we already knew. 

Edited by Walt Disney

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

I didn't know that but it doesn't surprise me in the least. WB owns Disney when it comes to DVD's/Blu-ray's. There's always great extra content and you feel like you got your money's worth. 

Both Avengers blu-ray's are just embarrassing, given their scope and the size of the productions. There should be a ton of extra content.

Hahaha this is a joke right?! My girlfriend just bought BVS on Blu-ray for $3.99!!! They are giving this fucking movie away. I wouldn’t fall back on the “people bought it on home video” argument when it has consistently been massively discounted!! I got my 4K copy long ago for just $9.99, the cheapest 4K movie I’ve ever bought.

PS: My GFs copy is a gift for someone for later - apparently she expects to hate someone enough to “gift” them this movie. May as well go take a dump on their doorstep instead, would feel about the same. Lol just joking :P

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 1

Its already started

On Another forum, DC can are saying Justic League is a forgotten Masterpiece overcome by the great box office of Thor and Coco

Which opened 2 weeks and one week after and when I mentioned that the DC mod banned me and I got it reversed now. 

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Disney is asinine with their home video pricing. Unless it's the first year a movie is out for Black Friday, you will never find a discount on them.

Disney does really weird shit with home video, remember when they used to retire movies into their "vault" and just refuse to sell it anymore? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Disney does really weird shit with home video, remember when they used to retire movies into their "vault" and just refuse to sell it anymore? 

They still do that.  Good luck trying to find Cinderella, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Little Mermaid, and Aladdin.

• Like 1