Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

No clue, but wasn't the Marvel deal Shares? I think the Lucasfilm deal (which was their last major thing) was straight cash.

Lucasfilm was half cash and half shares. Lucas currently owns about 2% of Disney shares, second largest after the Steve Jobs estate.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

How long until Disney buys TimeWarner and we get Batman V Captain America: X-Dawn Of Avenging Justice?

Wouldnt they'd have to shut down DC comics because they'd have 80% of the comic book market?

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Wouldnt they'd have to shut down DC comics because they'd have 80% of the comic book market?

I mean, I think they could keep running DC and Marvel separately for a while, and then mash them together in one massive, canonical crossover event (be that in the comics, in TV, movies, etc.) that unites the two universes permanently. They'd become The Marvel-DC Company Comics..........? 

Let's be real: why the hell would you give up on characters like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. and all of the iconic properties and storylines that DC owns? That'd be lunacy.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

But what if it doesn’t happen? Were Disney’s other deals for Pixar, Marvel, and LucasFilms this publicized prior to them announcing it? I’ve never really paid attention to something like this, but it just seems like a lot of noise with very little facts. 

3 minutes ago, Sand-omJC said:

I know Marvel getting FF and X-Men is all anyone here is talking about.

I'm more excited about getting full rights to the OT.

They already had those rights.

They only thing they didn't have are the distribution rights to Episode 4 (thats why the Fox logo is removed from iTunes copies of Episode 5&6). The distribution rights for 5&6 revert in a year or so. Fox were happy to distribute those films for Disney for years, so I don't think Disney getting those rights back means that much.

Maybe a new overpriced box-set.