Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

It’s not that hard to rank high among  the existing X-Men movies so I’m gonna guess it’s one of those (however many) X-movies that they cranking out next year.

Or maybe Aquaman but didn’t that one just finish filming? Don’t think it even have a cut ready to be seen yet. 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I don’t think it’s Black Panther or any Marvel movies for that matter since GOTG 2 got a 100.  One of their films would have to get above a perfect score to have the highest test screenings

Didn't say highest, just amongst the highest.

4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

wishful thinking has me saying New Mutants

The King, Black Panther

New Mutans looks as much as a X-men comic book movie as Stranger things, Carrie or The Shining. You could rename those BTW, something like Stranger Mutants, Carrie: the Mutant and The Shining Mutant, and TA DA!

You have three brand new X-men movies. You're welcome. :sparta:

3 hours ago, Ghostbusters! said:

What a disaster.  Both batman and superman brands are tarnished  hopefully they can build them back up  

Batman will be fine and it's WB's cash cow. I imagine they'll let Reeves make the movie he wants.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Batman will be fine and it's WB's cash cow. I imagine they'll let Reeves make the movie he wants.

The Batman brand has been considered "box office poison" before too. An underperforming team film isn't gonna kill the character's popularity. Just make one well-received film, and it's all good. Certainly hiring a filmmaker like Reeves is a smart move. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Batman brand has been considered "box office poison" before too. An underperforming team film isn't gonna kill the character's popularity. Just make one well-received film, and it's all good. Certainly hiring a filmmaker like Reeves is a smart move. 

See Spider-Man Homecoming which came 3 years after TASM2 of how you can successfully kickstart a character's popularity after a not so good movie. Likewise The Wolverine and X-Men First Class after Last Stand and Origins.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

See Spider-Man Homecoming which came 3 years after TASM2 of how you can successfully kickstart a character's popularity after a not so good movie. Likewise The Wolverine and X-Men First Class after Last Stand and Origins.

And Batman was in a better position then either of those characters around the time that Justice League happened. They should just concentrate on making a good solo Batman film. The characters works best solo. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine they'll let Reeves make the movie he wants.

Really depends of the movie he wants (like wanting to use batstuff you can turn in toys, want a MPAA rating the studio also want), I doubt you ever have unconditional final cut without an approved script for movie that size using that valuable of a property, the studio will feel the need to protect it. 

Will almost certainly also depends on test screens score.

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

And Batman was in a better position then either of those characters around the time that Justice League happened. They just concentrate on making a good solo Batman film. The characters works best it's just Batman too.

TBH by the time The Batman is released, I suspect JL will be a distant memory for the studio since they'll be concentrating on solo films 

Just now, Barnack said:

Really depends of the movie he wants (like wanting to use batstuff you can turn in toys, want a MPAA rating the studio also want), I doubt you ever have unconditional final cut without an approved script for movie that size using that valuable of a property, the studio will feel the need to protect it. 

Will almost certainly also depends on test screens score.

Reeves is coming off two successful Planet of the Apes films so he can handle a big budget and mixing serious with action,

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBH by the time The Batman is released, I suspect JL will be a distant memory for the studio since they'll be concentrating on solo films.

They really should just focus on solo films for the time being, and that's probably for the best. They jumped into Justice League too soon. 

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I just want a Batman movie with the same cinematography, atmosphere and thematic depth as War for the Planet of the Apes. I would just love something like that. 

A Batman film with the same kind of desolate environment / feeling as the recent Apes films could be great, and very welcome. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

They really should just focus on solo films for the time being, and that's probably for the best. They jumped into Justice League too soon. 

I suspect that's likely the plan. The only team movie I can see happening is Suicide Squad 2.