Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I feel like doing a list..... but not a typical list. Not something that gets ranked all the time here (Star Wars, MCU, DCEU, Harry Potter, etc.).

LORD OF THE RINGS BITCHES

Fellowship Of The Ring

Return Of The King

Two Towers

Desolation Of Smaug

Battle Of The Five Armies

An Unexpected Journey

The OT is some of the best blockbuster filmmaking ever made, especially Fellowship and ROTK. Hobbit movies aren't bad either, but far messier. Never seen the animated flick from the 90's.

I still never have made time to watch Battle of the Five Armies. 

I typically make time to finish sagas I've seen entirely in the theater but kept finding other things to do instead of closing out the Hobbit trilogy(which of course it never should've been). 

I agree with the top 3 ranking though.

• Like 1

LOTR is the best trilogy of all time.

Hobbit 1 is overlong, but has its moments. The effects look like shit though.

Hobbit 2 has a 3rd act that in some scenes - not overall - touches LOTR trilogy. I love Smaug and his interactions with Bilbo.

Hobbit 3 is pure garbage.

Overall, the Hobbit movies are better than the SW prequels. That isnt much of a compliment though when you have the worst blockbuster of all time (Attack of the Clones) and the 3rd worst blockbuster of all time (TPM) in your trilogy. ROTS for all its badness is highly entertaining and hilarious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

LOTR is the best trilogy of all time.

Hobbit 1 is overlong, but has its moments. The effects look like shit though.

Hobbit 2 has a 3rd act that in some scenes - not overall - touches LOTR trilogy. I love Smaug and his interactions with Bilbo.

Hobbit 3 is pure garbage.

Overall, the Hobbit movies are better than the SW prequels. That isnt much of a compliment though when you have the worst blockbuster of all time (Attack of the Clones) and the 3rd worst blockbuster of all time (TPM) in your trilogy. ROTS for all its badness is highly entertaining and hilarious.

That definition goes to probably Transformers 2. AOTC actually looks like a movie, while T2 is basically Michael Bay's attempt at fantasizing his childhood dreams of having robot dogs humping a guy's leg, robot balls and black stereotype robots in a film with as much awful jokes as possible.

If the Twilight movies count, Breaking Dawn Part 1 would go for that definition as well. And wasn't Battlefield Earth supposed to be a blockbuster too?

• Like 1

I loved the actors in the Hobbit trilogy on par with the actors in LOTR. They got a raw deal, lots of talents there. Sadly there just wasn't enough story there for 3 movies and they had to do 3 in order to get it made with the budget it required. I think a better screenwriter was needed. 

29 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That definition goes to probably Transformers 2. AOTC actually looks like a movie, while T2 is basically Michael Bay's attempt at fantasizing his childhood dreams of having robot dogs humping a guy's leg, robot balls and black stereotype robots in a film with as much awful jokes as possible.

If the Twilight movies count, Breaking Dawn Part 1 would go for that definition as well. And wasn't Battlefield Earth supposed to be a blockbuster too?

Transformers: Revenge of the Shit is my number 2 hated Blockbuster :). It and AOTC swap places from time to time, but youre right, objectively TF2 is worse than AOTC. Its just that Episode II wastes a lot of potential, while you had no potential at all in TF2 to begin with imo.

Shit, Twilight, youre right. But i only watched the first (was forced to do it), so i cant actually comment on the others. Im sure they ware dogshit though.

Blockbuster by definition is a film that is very succesfull at bringing people to theaters. Battlefiel Earth failed at that (it failed at everything else too), so i would consider it more a tentpole than a blockbuster.

32 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Transformers: Revenge of the Shit is my number 2 hated Blockbuster :). It and AOTC swap places from time to time, but youre right, objectively TF2 is worse than AOTC. Its just that Episode II wastes a lot of potential, while you had no potential at all in TF2 to begin with imo.

Shit, Twilight, youre right. But i only watched the first (was forced to do it), so i cant actually comment on the others. Im sure they ware dogshit though.

Blockbuster by definition is a film that is very succesfull at bringing people to theaters. Battlefiel Earth failed at that (it failed at everything else too), so i would consider it more a tentpole than a blockbuster.

TF2 not having potential is debatable, I would say. Was TF1 a good movie? Ehh, it's about as much of an actually good movie as something like Independence Day (less so actually, cause ID4 had strong, charismatic characters to back it up). But, despite its Bayistic elements (bad humor, too many useless subplots, horrible cinematography, mostly annoying human characters, etc.), the movie was pretty entertaining, the action was cool and it did the Transformers themselves justice (something not accomplished in any of the sequels except mayyyybe the 3rd act of Dark Of The Moon)... apart from Bumblebee pissing on Shia LeBeouf, that was just stupid. It's not what I'd call a good movie, but as a dumb popcorn blockbuster, it works pretty decently and I had fun watching it. And if Bay were to actually try to be a good filmmaker, like when he shot The Rock, I imagine TF2 could've been a decent blockbuster too, just like TF1. Unfortunately, that's not what happened.

But yes, AOTC - much like TPM - burns through an insane amount of potential. It should've been the movie that truly allowed us to enter the mind of Anakin and to deal with his conflict between Light and Dark. Instead, we get a combo of awful acting, awful dialogue and the most forced romance maybe of all time (not the worst romance, but the most forced). Awful pacing, awful cinematography, awful effects... almost everything is awful. There's a few decent moments in the movie and that's it. It's a mess, and it's worse than TPM, I agree with that. TPM has Darth Maul, Duel Of The Fates, the podracing sequence and it is more entertaining in its bad hilarity; AOTC is just boring as shit. I understand why you hate it more than TF2, although no, imo it is a "better" movie than TF2 (but then again, even X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a better movie than TF2).

As far as Twilight, they were all dogshit. The last one was the most bearable of them all due to Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dalls Howard and a big fight scene (and spoiler alert: that fight scene is all a dream, aka the worst cliché of all time), and apart from that, yikes. Breaking Dawn 1 is the worst of them all, and when I think about it, it might actually be objectively worse than TF2. I mean, what sounds worse: a loud, obnoxious, unbearably childish waste of resources with no redeeming values OR the slowest 2 hours you'll ever spend watching a movie - it's THAT boring and uneventful - with the highlight being that Taylor Lautner fell in love with an unborn child? Yeah, this crap makes Fifty Shades Of Grey look like Jaws by comparison.

And yeah, makes sense. Battlefield Earth was more of a failed tentpole than blockbuster, I'd agree with that. Another movie that I'm amazed anyone looked at anything in it and actually thought it was good in any way.

• Like 1

I'm just been thinking about the MCU vs DC wars, and how plenty like to see the other side fail.

What they don't realise here is that a lot of the General Audience see superhero movies as a single universe, if they went to see MCU14 and confused it for a low budget hospital drama, they're less likely to see the next iteration of DC.

All of these franchises have had terrible films attached to their name. X-3, X-Men Origins, the first two Thor films, Iron Man 2, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Superman Returns, Green Lantern, the first few Harry Potter films, almost all of the SW prequels, etc. I don't care what studio released it, but the worst of the worst being Fant4stic.

Edited by ThePhasmid

2 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

All of these franchises have had terrible films attached to their name. X-3, X-Men Origins, the first two Thor films, Iron Man 2, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Superman Returns, Green Lantern, the first few Harry Potter films, almost all of the SW prequels, etc. I don't care what studio released it, but the worst of the worst being Fant4stic.

Is Avatar the only pure franchise in this thread?

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Is Avatar the only pure franchise in this thread?

I don't know how to answer this question. However, objectively speaking, Avatar deserves a sequel. If by pure, you mean the almighty dollar is the singular force of continuing an artistic vision in Hollywood, I would say that is a definitive yes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

I don't know how to answer this question. However, objectively speaking, Avatar deserves a sequel. If by pure, you mean the almighty dollar is the singular force of continuing an artistic vision in Hollywood, I would say that is a definitive yes.

I meant pure as in the it doesn't contain any mediocre movies!

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I meant pure as in the it doesn't contain any mediocre movies!

Jeez boy...

Avatar only has ONE movie, released 8 years ago, it's not even a franchise yet.

And, yeah, it's beautiful, but pretty mediocre movie.

4 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Jeez boy...

Avatar only has ONE movie, released 8 years ago, it's not even a franchise yet.

And, yeah, it's beautiful, but pretty mediocre movie.

You don't feel things like beauty in a mediocre film boy'o. Also it has a video game so it's a franchise :chaplin: