Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Minions is better than Coraline because it made more money. It’s true because of it.

I guess this is the 1st step for us all to say Avatar is a better movie than your Pulp Fictions, Shawshank Redemptions, 12 Angry Men, Psychos, Jaws'es, Seven Samurais, etc.. Because it made more money and it's the highest grossing film ever.

@JamesCameronScholar Funny how you single out the one aspect of my post that tells you to get out of James Cameron's dick as "petty". When that very response post you threw out is the definition of pettiness. Pretty much confirms that you absolutely need a life.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

I guess this is the 1st step for us all to say Avatar is a better movie than your Pulp Fictions, Shawshank Redemptions, 12 Angry Men, Psychos, Jaws'es, Seven Samurais, etc.. Because it made more money and it's the highest grossing film ever.

How so? I'm not even saying this by the way.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I kind of love IronJimbo btw.  best Cameron fanboy on this board

Not much a contest though is it? I've only ever seen him and Kal, maybe The Futurist? 

I don't count myself as a Cameron Fan, I prefer the term Scholar purely because I study his seemingly supernatural abilities at box office success. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Are you from a reality where films are made to do something other than make money as their primary objective?  

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Dunno, Jaws 4 is pretty great.

• Haha 1

To be honest the Cameron fanboys are the most civilized fanboys. The CBM ones (mainly MCU and DCEU ones) suck.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Are you from a reality where films are made to do something other than make money as their primary objective?  

Aaaaaand why would that make them the best from a quality standpoint?

@YourMother the Edgelord They all suck. Cameron fanboys are especially annoying because their movies are factually standing at the top of the mountain, which is extra irritating. They're the Patriots fans of cinema. But I'll give you this: they're not doing death threats to anyone, so they are among the lesser evils, for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Aaaaaand why would that make them the best from a quality standpoint?

I never once mentioned quality, far too subjective a topic for me. Which is why I browse a forum about the box office, not the Kino True Film Auteurs Forum

Are you again in a reality where this forum has some other name? 

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I never once mentioned quality, far too subjective a topic for me. Which is why I browse a forum about the box office, not the Kino True Film Auteurs Forum

I would still talk about Jim films on there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I never once mentioned quality, far too subjective a topic for me. Which is why I browse a forum about the box office, not the Kino True Film Auteurs Forum. 

IN-SE-CU-RI-TY.

I browse a box office forum to talk about MOVIES, not just their box office. You know, because that's everyone else here (but a select few, also hardcore fanboys who exist for the sole purpose of defending their franchises) does. Including IronJimbo. But I've never seen you engage in any conversation that doesn't stroke Cameron's dick. Myself and everyone else understands where Cameron stands atop of the mountain; why exactly are you so defensive about it? It's annoying to hear someone reminds us all the time of how much of a winner their favored parties are. Like I said, you guys are the Patriots fans of cinema (or since you're from England, hence I presume a real football fan, using a nations football example: you're the Germany fans of cinema).

Are YOU in a reality in which everyone hates James Cameron?

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Are YOU in a reality in which everyone hates James Cameron?

1. I'm American, I sold my company to a British company so now reside in London. (Not that it actually matters of course). 

2. No, of course not, but I do sometimes think I'm browsing a Star Wars RP forum with the amount of sws Avatars I see. 

12 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

1. I'm American, I sold my company to a British company so now reside in London. (Not that it actually matters of course). 

2. No, of course not, but I do sometimes think I'm browsing a Star Wars RP forum with the amount of sws Avatars I see. 

1. Oh okay. Fair enough, then.

2. I can see why it would annoy you in case you're not a Star Wars fan, but given how this is a predominantly American film forum, that's something you can't shake off. That being said, I don't understand how that would need for you to emphasise Cameron's box office success. SW fans don't hate on Avatar/Titanic because they made more money. Not that I know, at least. You don't need to be so defensive about that; especially now that The Last Jedi has effectively killed any chances of a SW movie outgrossing either Cameron 2B maker in the near future.

• Like 1

Just gonna throw this in. Titanic is an incredible film and deserved every penny it made.

Avatar is a forgettable, good-looking movie that brought 3D into the public eye likeno other movie before it had. That's it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just gonna throw this in. Titanic is an incredible film and deserved every penny it made.

Avatar is a forgettable, good-looking movie that brought 3D into the public eye likeno other movie before it had. That's it.

Well thank goodness you're not the entire general audience. We might have The Force Awakens with $4b.. yikes