Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

42 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean, it's kind of right about the first part. Money doesn't exchange hands (not provable) but Disney's influence definitely affects the positivity from critics.

I watched Dr. Strange and thought I accidentally put on cumberredbatch's latest tv show, literally looked like a hospital drama. How that film is so fresh I'll never know.

I’m going to keep this post in my file and maybe repost it after the Wrinkle in Time reviews drop. 

Wait...you mean to tell me that, of all MCU and DCEU films, the only one to win an Oscar is Suicide  motherfucking Squad? When we have brilliant stuff like Guardians, Iron Man, Ragnarok, and Wonder Woman, you are telling me that the only CBM worthy of an Oscar for Academy voters was SS???

WTF, SMH and all other internet acronyms for outrage....

23 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

And like it happens with all copycats, is even worse than the original.

:huh:

I'm surprised you could gleam all that information from that post. Since I wasn't talking about a copycat, or anything else that's been said in this thread so far.

5 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Wait...you mean to tell me that, of all MCU and DCEU films, the only one to win an Oscar is Suicide  motherfucking Squad? When we have brilliant stuff like Guardians, Iron Man, Ragnarok, and Wonder Woman, you are telling me that the only CBM worthy of an Oscar for Academy voters was SS???

WTF, SMH and all other internet acronyms for outrage....

:ph34r: Dark Knight won one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean, it's kind of right about the first part. Money doesn't exchange hands (not provable) but Disney's influence definitely affects the positivity from critics.

I watched Dr. Strange and thought I accidentally put on cumberredbatch's latest tv show, literally looked like a hospital drama. How that film is so fresh I'll never know.

Lol i know far too many people that like doctor strange to know its conspiracy bullshit. Simply put the film is entertaining and hard to hate, doesnt really put a foot wrong and has a refreshing ending, 9 out of 10 critics enjoying it does not surprise me. If all the critics were bought then why didnt ultron get 90%?

32 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Lol i know far too many people that like doctor strange to know its conspiracy bullshit. Simply put the film is entertaining and hard to hate, doesnt really put a foot wrong and has a refreshing ending, 9 out of 10 critics enjoying it does not surprise me. If all the critics were bought then why didnt ultron get 90%?

There aren't any conspiracies, Disney uses it's influence against critics (never said bought)... it is known.

Don't remember when they blocked the L.A times? Disney are just as shady as every other big corporation, they've got money on the mind. It's incredibly naive to believe that they won't influence things that can affect the gross because it's unethical.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Lol i know far too many people that like doctor strange to know its conspiracy bullshit. 

and I literally know no one that liked Dr. Strange so that cancels out your anecdotal evidence so the conspiracy is still alive!!!

Spoiler

no I don't think there is any conspiracy of anyone buying reviews regardless :P 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

There aren't any conspiracies, Disney uses it's influence against critics (never said bought)... it is known.

Don't remember when they blocked the L.A times? Disney are just as shady as every other big corporation, they've got money on the mind. It's incredibly naive to believe that they won't influence things that can affect the gross because it's unethical.

Didnt help with tomorrowland. Guess the check didnt clear that day

3 hours ago, Jessie said:

The spandex movies we got last year, I would maybe probably rank higher than DS but that film had an ending different from the fist fist endings that afflicted every one of those films (including even BLACK PANTHER so far this year.) And dear lord, wasn't the 3rd act the biggest complaint people had about WW? 

Thing about MCU movies and I say this as a fan that people ranting about tomatoes and Disney-buying-critics don't understand: they're formulaic action movies. You kinda know what to expect for better or worse. Sometimes they're great, sometimes....they're not. But most are decently diverting afternoon killers. They're basically 007 movies, except with more variety in terms of characters and genres. And then we go into how RT doesn't grade how MUCH a critic liked it, only that % of them liked it and that goes from THAT WAS AWESOME! to eh that's OK. (This is where MTC comes into play, even if I don't care for it.)

(I would add that like 007 and Disney/Pixar cartoons and so forth, MCU movies have a fandom/cult among some of the bloggers at this point even if they're predisposed to such movies in the first place.)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

The DCEU diss at the end is hilarious :hahaha:

That Edgar Wright mention gave me two conflicting thoughts:

(1) After what we've seen what Gunn/Coogler/Waititi have done since he quit, I feel less and less sorry for Edgar. 

(2) If Ant-Man was starting out in Phase 3, would things have turned out differently for Edgar considering now Feige is free from being under Uncle Ike Perlmutter's thumb? 

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

and I literally know no one that liked Dr. Strange so that cancels out your anecdotal evidence so the conspiracy is still alive!!!

Reveal hidden contents

I liked Dr Strange.......apart from the ending.

32 minutes ago, RRA said:

That Edgar Wright mention gave me two conflicting thoughts:

(1) After what we've seen what Gunn/Coogler/Waititi have done since he quit, I feel less and less sorry for Edgar. 

(2) If Ant-Man was starting out in Phase 3, would things have turned out differently for Edgar considering now Feige is free from being under Uncle Ike Perlmutter's thumb? 

Nothing about the Wright situation ever made me feel sorry for him. He signed on to write and direct Ant-Man in 2006 before there even was an MCU. Nine years passed between then and AM's release, during which Wright delayed the start of the film repeatedly. Feige gave him more time to work on the script every time he asked for an extension. Wright's main grievance when he dropped out of the project was the fact that Marvel expected his take on the character to tie into the MCU, which had come into existence in the years he had spent dragging his feet. Had he delivered the script on schedule and made the movie in Phase One as planned, there wouldn't have been that overarching framework to which he was expected to adapt.

• Like 5