Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

47 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the only major fanbase that is rather pleased right now is the Marvel Fanbase.

Snyder fans are pissed after JL and Star Wars fanbase is harshly divided after TLJ. 

correction :redcapes:

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the only major fanbase that is rather pleased right now is the Marvel Fanbase.

DC fans are pissed after JL and Star Wars fanbase is harshly divided after TLJ. 

Well, DC fans have been pissed at the movies for a bit now, and SW fans are never pleased.

I'm very pleased with the state of the Avatar franchise, currently got the highest max quality, highest average quality and the highest average gross.

Quality meets Gross, truly incredible

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm very pleased with the state of the Avatar franchise, currently got the highest max quality, highest average quality and the highest average gross.

Quality meets Gross, truly incredible

Thaaaaaat's debatable.

If one movie counts as a franchise, then Se7en has both the highest max quality + the highest average quality. :ph34r:

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Thaaaaaat's debatable.

If one movie counts as a franchise, then Se7en has both the highest max quality + the highest average quality. :ph34r:

is ei8ht in production right now?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RandomCat said:

I'm just waiting for Someone to drop the Christ metaphor for Superman and go back to the Moses Metaphor he was designed as.

One of my professors in English Lit in college said you can, if you are good enough with B.S. make Mickey Mouse into a Christ Metaphor. He was right.

Not sure what is the issue with Snyder post here at all (or the issue with is reason for using the spear as a weapon, the kryptonnite bullet is boring and uncinematic being a boring reason and still leave a lot of choice to choose from).......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure what is the issue with Snyder post here at all (or the issue with is reason for using the spear as a weapon, the kryptonnite bullet is boring and uncinematic being a boring reason and still leave a lot of choice to choose from).......

His Superman as Christ theme is banal, pompous, beaten into the ground and tacky. 

Regardless, it doesn't make sense for Bruce to buy into it and he's the one making the spear.  Is his mindset supposed to be ooh I'm going to murder a Christ like figure and need the appropriate weapon?

Edited by TalismanRing

45 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Regardless, it doesn't make sense for Bruce to buy into it and he's the one making the spear.  Is his mindset supposed to be ooh I'm going to murder a Christ like figure and need the appropriate weapon?

No there is no reason for Bruce to not make bullet out of the material and shoot him I think, the reason he is giving is: wanted/liked to fill it with Christ theme and wanted the killing/Resurrection of Jesus (There is prophecy that the Anti-Christ will be killed by Jesus when he will return also so the other way around) to resonate with audience during those scene.

With those superpowered being it is almost impossible to not make them do a lot of stuff without good reason and still have a movie happening.

At least that what I understand, not sure what is the issue here or what could possibly make him an asshole.

11 minutes ago, Barnack said:

No there is no reason for Bruce to not make bullet out of the material and shoot him I think, the reason he is giving is: wanted/liked to fill it with Christ theme and wanted the killing/Resurrection of Jesus (There is prophecy that the Anti-Christ will be killed by Jesus when he will return also so the other way around) to resonate with audience during those scene.

With those superpowered being it is almost impossible to not make them do a lot of stuff without good reason and still have a movie happening.

At least that what I understand, not sure what is the issue here or what could possibly make him an asshole.

I just find the Superman is Christ metaphor boring and played out, since it's been the prevailing interpretation of the character since the 70s.

16 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

I just find the Superman is Christ metaphor boring and played out, since it's been the prevailing interpretation of the character since the 70s.

That is more than fair enough, but not sure where the issue with him posting that message yet or being an asshole to go to the 70s interpretation.

Every time there’s a resurgence of Snyder bashing, I go to Letterboxd BvS reviews section and set the reviews by date. It works like a charm; lots of good takes there :cloud9:

Edited by Goffe

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

His Superman as Christ theme is banal, pompous, beaten into the ground and tacky. 

Not to mention appropriates away from his original Semitic-inspired creation by two Jewish-American guys from Cleveland as their cosmic Moses in response to those times for obvious reasons. 

As much as I love Donner's SUPERMAN, I blame that for making the Supes/Jesus connection for general audiences which the films have continued to play off on.