Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Why is Avatar even a topic of discussion here? It came out 10 years ago, and the next one comes out God knows when.

every day that passes it becomes more relevant, Avatar 2 is the biggest announced sequel of all time.

• Like 1

So this is now a rumor:

My take:

I was just talking about The Hobbit on ResetEra prior to hearing about this. I'm okay with either. I think that giving the reins to someone else to direct Simarilion would be the best thing creatively, but I have to say this:

I want THIS Peter Jackson:

If THIS is what Peter Jackson is thinking, he can fuck off and do neither:

Edited by ZattMurdock

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

So this is now a rumor:

My take:

I was just talking about The Hobbit on ResetEra prior to hearing about this. I'm okay with either. I think that giving the reins to someone else to direct Simarilion would be the best thing creatively, but I have to say this:

Peter Jackson got fucked by Del Toro and left with no time to make the films, he was shoehorned into letting the CGI team do everything.

I believe in him.

I mean you can take the leap of faith to believe in television directors jumping from 0 budget to 200m so you should try a little bit of trust here.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

I just want his Dam Busters movie. Or something with his planes.

Dude went out and bought every plane in the world and has done nothing with them (except make some neat museums).

• Like 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

At this stage I just want PJ to do SOMETHING. 

Nah, he's been a pretty busy bee with his other projects. He just doesn't seem to want to get back behind a camera at this stage.

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

PJ should do Fables

Related image

While I don't doubt PJ will make comic book film leagues above the rest but I would rather he would do something like this here

we are seriously deprived of great Fantasy films

Edited by IronJimbo

4 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

So this is now a rumor:

My take:

DCEU doing its Marshall Plan throwing money around, he’ll at least enjoy a paycheck developing something that might never happen.

Maybe Jackson is being sought after to do a DC movie similar to his most recent one, Mortal Engines. Remember Ava got New Gods which is very similar to A Wrinkle in Time with the whole complex scifi overtones. So which DC movie is similar to Mortal Engines?

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Maybe Jackson is being sought after to do a DC movie similar to his most recent one, Mortal Engines. Remember Ava got New Gods which is very similar to A Wrinkle in Time with the whole complex scifi overtones. So which DC movie is similar to Mortal Engines?

Considering how much AWIT was revealed to have possibly lost, don’t be shocked if her version of the New Gods quietly fade away