Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yet it’s not relevant. Why is that?

Lot of filmmaker use Avatar made technology to make movies and were directly influenced by that movie. 

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

The Step Up movies are more culturally relevant than Avatar.

I know you are just trolling, but just for fun:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=%2Fm%2F0cz88zd,%2Fm%2F0b73wst,%2Fm%2F0bth54

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

my existence debunks all these "points"

I can confirm Iron Jimbo is actually a bot from Russia paid for by James Cameron to give Fox/Disney the impression Avatar has fans.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

The film has absolutely no fans. None. 0 fandom.

Comparatively, let's look at Tagged Works on AO3:

Marvel Cinematic Universe: 213,161

DCU: 117,247

Star Trek: 54,119

Star Wars: 47,725 (Original Trilogy: 5865, Prequels: 8691, Sequels: 33,169)

:jeb!:

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I can confirm Iron Jimbo is actually a bot from Russia paid for by James Cameron to give Fox/Disney the impression Avatar has fans.

Iron Jimbo

Iron Curtain

It all adds up.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Comparatively, let's look at Tagged Works on AO3:

Marvel Cinematic Universe: 213,161

DCU: 117,247

Star Trek: 54,119

Star Wars: 47,725 (Original Trilogy: 5865, Prequels: 8691, Sequels: 33,169)

:jeb!:

What the fuck is AO3?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It deserves it cause they did committed planning that paid off in the long run. Unlike SW and DCEU that don't seem to have any real plan. SW officials brag about ST being left to directors whim, while DCEU tried to cash in on MCU shared universe formula overnight. Serves them right that MCU is going from strength to strength while the other 2 are facing backlash and diminishing returns.

I have to admit that I am worried about the MCU after avengers 4 . I can’t figure out what kind of huge arc they can start building again. Seems so much like the end of an era. Anyway the MCU was a dream come true so even if no new movies were to be released after infinity war 2, I would be content with what we got and treasure it.

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

What the fuck is AO3?

unnamed-71.gif

AO3, or Achieve of Our Own, is the biggest fan fiction site on the Internet.  It's the nexus of Fangirl Fandom.  

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

unnamed-71.gif

AO3, or Achieve of Our Own, is the biggest fan fiction site on the Internet.  It's the nexus of Fangirl Fandom.  

basically turbo nerds on the internet, hard pressed to find any member of the GA whose heard of AO3

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I have to admit that I am worried about the MCU after avengers 4 . I can’t figure out what kind of huge arc they can start building again. Seems so much like the end of an era. Anyway the MCU was a dream come true so even if no new movies were to be released after infinity war 2, I would be content with what we got and treasure it.

I think we'll find out what new build up is after TA4. I have faith that they know where the story is going beyond Thanos.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

basically turbo nerds on the internet, hard pressed to find any member of the GA whose heard of AO3

:hahaha:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

unnamed-71.gif

Im pretty sure Tumblr is bigger. But back in my day DeviantArt, Live journal, or FanFiction.net were the big fan fiction/art sites. 

Just now, captainwondyful said:

:hahaha:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

The thing about Jim's film is that everyone loves them.

I mean let's be honest A2 is going to gross at least 1.2A, how will you reconcile for that?

• Like 1

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The thing about Jim's film is that everyone loves them.

I mean let's be honest A2 is going to gross at least 1.2A, how will you reconcile for that?

Avatar 2 is probably gonna do $75 OW, $350 domestic, $1.4 billion worldwide. Come at me bro.

• Haha 1