Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I think Shazam will come before JL though. The big 7 will not get solos till after JL (and if rumors are to be believed Affleck has not signed on for Batman solo movies yet). But honestly, I am fine with no solos till after JL, get Aquaman, Flash and GL their spotlight without them having to carry their own movies.

Each to his own I suppose. I just think it's wasted potential. There is more enough for material for them to make an Aquaman or Flash movie already.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

But they were planning on making Justice League WHILE he was doing The Dark Knight.  They were going to have 2 Batman's.  It would have no effect on that film.

But it could have effected the GA opinion on having two batmans. 

A great / good movie can change that.

Aquaman would actually be best served in a team-up for that sake. Give him a couple of scenes to steal and automatically you get the GA to look at him different. Then that can be parlayed into a solo.

Aquaman would actually be best served in a team-up for that sake. Give him a couple of scenes to steal and automatically you get the GA to look at him different. Then that can be parlayed into a solo.

I've pretty much accepted something like that, though he still has a great origin story, hence the potential for a solo film.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 2

Give Aquaman a good script and someone like Idris Elba playing Black Manta and you got yourself a badass Aquaman movie.
  • Like 1

Okay You're right.

That probably came out harsher than I meant. (Fun day at a water park with my family and probably a bit too much alcohol over dinner...)

It's more that the Marvel vs. DC discussions often get to the point where it's an examination of the (many) things Marvel is doing right and then the implied criticism that DC isn't doing those things. This happens every time a Marvel movie comes out (so twice a year), and it's somewhat annoying to read, because DC can't magically make their next film show up right now. So comparative discussions between the two are mostly worthless because there is very little to compare on the DC side.

Mostly you can say that Marvel got started sooner, and is doing a pretty good job, so DC has a lot to measure up to as they gear up their slate. We'll see how that goes.

That probably came out harsher than I meant. (Fun day at a water park with my family and probably a bit too much alcohol over dinner...)It's more that the Marvel vs. DC discussions often get to the point where it's an examination of the (many) things Marvel is doing right and then the implied criticism that DC isn't doing those things. This happens every time a Marvel movie comes out (so twice a year), and it's somewhat annoying to read, because DC can't magically make their next film show up right now. So comparative discussions between the two are mostly worthless because there is very little to compare on the DC side.Mostly you can say that Marvel got started sooner, and is doing a pretty good job, so DC has a lot to measure up to as they gear up their slate. We'll see how that goes.

This post should be saved
  • Like 1

Outside of Nolan's Batman, and the first two superman and batman movies, DC has no good movies whereas MCU alone is fantasticly consistent in quality (add the outsourced movies and not as much but still good).Overall, Marvel really does make the better movies, especially now that Nolan is done with Batman.

Measuring movies by quality is remarkebly inefficient as is their anything more biased than personal opinion. None of the marvel movies this year for all their quality can touch MOS domestic. And while I realize this is a movie forum it is helpful to look at all facets of entertainment in video games dc is undoubtly superior with injustice both mobile and console arkham, dcuo, and Lego batman. In tv dc also has the edge with arrow being >>>>>>>>> aos and the outlook for dc Gotham, flash, Constantine, and preacher as compared to agent carter and the netflix things. In movies marvel has a huge lead but that is in part because dc didn't go bankrupt and have to sell film properties off. Now dc is trying to play catch up and we should observe closely with bvs jl sandman and shazam being pretty much confirmed. Dc has a chance to catch in movies with its plan and we all know bvs is going to do at least 450 so let's see

Give Aquaman a good script and someone like Idris Elba playing Black Manta and you got yourself a badass Aquaman movie.

Of all the comic book characters Idris Elba could be playing I can't believe he's stuck with Heimdall. Almost feels criminal. 

Anyways, Marvel may be more consistent with their quality but they have yet to surpass The Dark Knight. The only film that comes close is Spider-man 2 and that was Sony. 

CANT WAIT

Though none of their properties ever reaches the heights of TDK's popularity...or even came close, really... :batey:

Marvel fans deserve no sympathy. They have done nothing but trash DC. The last two Batman films making over 1 billion each is a complete fluke according to them. 

Marvel fans deserve no sympathy. They have done nothing but trash DC. The last two Batman films making over 1 billion each is a complete fluke according to them. 

i agree with this. Its insane how some Marvel fans has been bashing MoS for 2 years and now this. They definitely deserve to come down from that high horse it would only be justified in such a big way. What i think about those people bashing this are not comic book movie fans at all. Because how can comic book fans bash something every comic book fan has been dreaming about seeing on the big screen since they saw it in a comic book. Even Josh Whedon says those bashing this and not looking forward to this are comic book movie fans. He definitely got a point