Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

The only one trolling here is you, who's trying to make WW looks less impressive than it is. You even made an Eyez On Me over WW club on third weekend.

Source: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24127-tupac-taking-down-wondie-all-eyez-on-me-over-wonder-woman-3rd-weekend/

Apart of this, there's no coherence you agree that WOM will be "just fine" and say that expected it to make 2.8x-2.9x, in 2017 and opening over $100m.

Source: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24101-what-a-wonderful-weekend-ww-down-only-16-on-sunday-103m-weekend-pg-226/?do=findComment&comment=3034008

Can you explain me how this is "just fine"?

Now that you noticed that you aren't receiving likes being a WW hater, you're trying to ask for apologies posting things like this:

""People are getting offended because I said it's overhyped and forgettable....that doesn't mean I think it's bad or anything. It simply just doesn't do anything and if you probably ask folks they'll have forgotten it even came out ie forgettable."""

And this:
""Wonder Woman is here to show all those who like to argue mercilessly that BvS and SS were well received, how a well received DC movie behaves. 

$300M+ confirmed now and a 3x+ confirmed as well"""

And, please, stop defaming me saying that I only talk shit.
I said WW was locked to do $100m OW, I predicted $2.5m/$32m to Mummy and $480m OS to GotG2. I don't know how these things are shit.

LOL

Couldnt even quote me in the appropriate thread :rolleyes:

Also my quote in regards to a film being overrated and forgettable was for Doctor Strange. So nice trying to spin my words around. 

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Marvel fans are so quiet since the beginning of the month...

See, DCEU finally has a good movie and we don't wanna ruin it for their fans. Contrary to others who constantly cry and moan because people did not like their favourite "misunderstood masterpiece".

One of the things that makes me love the DCEU is how there's always normal people being part of the saving the day. And not special agents with almost superhuman fighting skills, but flawed, regular humans, like Diana's friends in Wonder Woman. The four men are so well-written, it was so easy to relate to them with just a little backstory in one line of dialogue. And they get to be heroes too at the end.

FnVMaPN.jpg

MOS and BVS also had Lois Lane. It's one aspect of these movies that helps making them so special to me. It's very inspiring.

19 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Marvel fans are so quiet since the beginning of the month...

Of course, they were waiting to rub the Black Panther trailer in your face #FANBOYWARS :ph34r:

This is not against that particular post you made, but against your attitude as a whole.

If you - and you're just the example that I'm using, as there's tons of people here guilty of the same, but you're a good one at that - really think that it's worth trying to bring out a war between DC and Marvel, and that "one sucks, the other's great" and nonsense like that, you are the every definition of what's wrong w/fanboys today.

I'll put it this way: when Kevin Feige usually praises DC and Geoff Johns praises Marvel right back through social media, it means that the companies themselves don't really crave war. There's competition, sure, but it's mutually beneficial competition. They want one another to do well, cause if one of their movies suck or do bad in terms of BO, the following one is going to suffer (cause, for the GA, they're all in the superhero genre and there isn't a fine line between Marvel and DC). On the other hand, if one does and is great, that creates a goodwill in wom for the next superhero flick. And it's obvious that they respect each other, their characters, what they've done for the comic book media and what they will do. You don't think that Feige is happy that WW is doing great? It means that women can now be fully respected as superhero and action movie leads, and that Captain Marvel has a good road ahead of it. You don't think that Johns is happy that Black Panther is setting social media on fire or that GOTG 2 has done great too? The latter led the way for WW breaking out (cause superhero movie goodwill), and the former is also indicative of strong diversity and a good future for black-led superhero films (like a John Stewart Green Lantern movie, or maybe Cyborg).

The reason why Marvel fans have been so quiet since the beginning of the month is that, unlike what you think, they (among of them, I am one... I'm also a DC fan too, btw) are celebrating Wonder Woman just as much as you guys are. Nobody thinks that there's some kind of anti-Marvel conspiracy because Guardians 2 isn't at 90+ on RT while Wonder Woman is the 3rd highest ranked superhero movie ever on RT (behind The Incredibles and The Dark Knight). We - and I speak for myself, but I'm pretty sure most echo my sentiment - are happy for you folks. Now, DC can finally be truly competitive (and not it hasn't been already, all of their films have done great BO... but you know there's a problem when a movie called Batman V Superman doesn't cross 1B worldwide and fails to match the original Guardians Of The Galaxy DOM), and the superhero genre can continue to thrive on a higher scale. And who the hell doesn't want a good movie from one of the greatest comic book characters of all time, anyway?

So, everytime that you act like a fucking moron and go on to troll on the Internet just because, remember that the vast majority of us comic book movie fans don't hate DC having critical and commercial success at all. We actually love it. Sure, there's your BKB's every now and then, but even that guy seems to be cool w/WW being a hit. When your product is good, everybody wins. Just take note that you, my friend, are the type of person that Marvel fans like to refer to if they ever get the chance to say "DC fans seem to be so quiet, this month".

• Like 11

I just want good movies and good box office from all sides; Marvel, DCEU, XCU, and Sony. To be honest I don't care if JL does over Avengers 1 both in box office and critically even if I don't like the movie. What both Marvel and DCEU fanboys forgot is that an over performance does both sides good because it keeps the genre alive and make people more excited about CBMs. It's a damn good thing when you even get BKB hyped for a DCEU movie. It doesn't mean one is forgotten just look at Pixar/Disney/Illumination in the animation game, Dory outgrossed Pets, no one forgot or hated (for the most part) Illumination. Sing outgrossed Moana, no one forgot or hated WDAS, and even Frozen took the record from TS3 as highest grossing animated movie worldwide and now one forgot or hated Pixar.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Fuck frozen, toy story 3 is much better. 

And don't reply with let it go.

I'd even argue that MU and DM2 were better than Frozen. But I'm happy for its success.

Edited by YourMother

28 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Of course, they were waiting to rub the Black Panther trailer in your face #FANBOYWARS :ph34r:

This is not against that particular post you made, but against your attitude as a whole.

If you - and you're just the example that I'm using, as there's tons of people here guilty of the same, but you're a good one at that - really think that it's worth trying to bring out a war between DC and Marvel, and that "one sucks, the other's great" and nonsense like that, you are the every definition of what's wrong w/fanboys today.

I'll put it this way: when Kevin Feige usually praises DC and Geoff Johns praises Marvel right back through social media, it means that the companies themselves don't really crave war. There's competition, sure, but it's mutually beneficial competition. They want one another to do well, cause if one of their movies suck or do bad in terms of BO, the following one is going to suffer (cause, for the GA, they're all in the superhero genre and there isn't a fine line between Marvel and DC). On the other hand, if one does and is great, that creates a goodwill in wom for the next superhero flick. And it's obvious that they respect each other, their characters, what they've done for the comic book media and what they will do. You don't think that Feige is happy that WW is doing great? It means that women can now be fully respected as superhero and action movie leads, and that Captain Marvel has a good road ahead of it. You don't think that Johns is happy that Black Panther is setting social media on fire or that GOTG 2 has done great too? The latter led the way for WW breaking out (cause superhero movie goodwill), and the former is also indicative of strong diversity and a good future for black-led superhero films (like a John Stewart Green Lantern movie, or maybe Cyborg).

The reason why Marvel fans have been so quiet since the beginning of the month is that, unlike what you think, they (among of them, I am one... I'm also a DC fan too, btw) are celebrating Wonder Woman just as much as you guys are. Nobody thinks that there's some kind of anti-Marvel conspiracy because Guardians 2 isn't at 90+ on RT while Wonder Woman is the 3rd highest ranked superhero movie ever on RT (behind The Incredibles and The Dark Knight). We - and I speak for myself, but I'm pretty sure most echo my sentiment - are happy for you folks. Now, DC can finally be truly competitive (and not it hasn't been already, all of their films have done great BO... but you know there's a problem when a movie called Batman V Superman doesn't cross 1B worldwide and fails to match the original Guardians Of The Galaxy DOM), and the superhero genre can continue to thrive on a higher scale. And who the hell doesn't want a good movie from one of the greatest comic book characters of all time, anyway?

So, everytime that you act like a fucking moron and go on to troll on the Internet just because, remember that the vast majority of us comic book movie fans don't hate DC having critical and commercial success at all. We actually love it. Sure, there's your BKB's every now and then, but even that guy seems to be cool w/WW being a hit. When your product is good, everybody wins. Just take note that you, my friend, are the type of person that Marvel fans like to refer to if they ever get the chance to say "DC fans seem to be so quiet, this month".

^^^^ (I ran out of likes).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Fuck frozen, toy story 3 is much better. 

And don't reply with let it go.

Lo and behold, another hater.

Everyone loves Frozen

To say something like this, it's heresy!

I just can't fathom how you could think that.

Toy Story 3 is good, but to even compare it to Frozen?

Get a grip.

On that note, I bid you farewell.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'd even argue that MU and DM2 were better than Frozen. But I'm happy for its success.

I like frozen more than dm2. But pixar has a special place in my heart.

Frozen run was epic. In box office mojo article of top movies of 2013, in january 2013, frozen didn't even got a mention. Everybody was on iron man 3 bandawagon.

When frozen did beat im3 WorldWide, I was damn happy. You see I love unexpected success more than something obvious. Frozen beating expectation made me happy.

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I like frozen more than dm2. But pixar has a special place in my heart.

Frozen run was epic. In box office mojo article of top movies of 2013, in january 2013, frozen didn't even got a mention. Everybody was on iron man 3 bandawagon.

When frozen did beat im3 WorldWide, I was damn happy. You see I love unexpected success more than something obvious. Frozen beating expectation made me happy.

Same.

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Lo and behold, another hater.

Everyone loves Frozen

To say something like this, it's heresy!

I just can't fathom how you could think that.

Toy Story 3 is good, no doubt, but to even compare it to Frozen?

Get a grip.

On that note, I bid you farewell.

Did you just say that ...fro....froz...frozen is *breathes in* better than TOY STORY 3!!!!!!.

YOU FAREWELL ME???.......I FAREWELL YOU!! FAREWELL YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

10 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I was just kidding. But I agree with what you're saying. It's great for both companies that the genre continues to do so well. But there will always be annoying fanboys, and people who will fall for their baits and ending up being annoying as well. We just have to learn how to deal with it. This competition between Marvel and DC should be fun, we shouldn't take things seriously. 

• Like 1

Just wanna say Marrvel movies made a mistake not giving the love interest in their movies, a more substantial role. WW proved that people wanna see the love story too, not just the good guys fighting the big baddie at the end.

That's why WW is an atypical cbm. it connected to women on a massive level because of the love story.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alli said:

Just wanna say Marrvel movies made a mistake not giving the love interest in their movies, a more substantial role. WW proved that people wanna see the love story too, not just the good guys fighting the big baddie at the end.

That's why WW is an atypical cbm. it connected to women on a massive level because of the love story.

And so did Deadpool in a way. Not massively so but it sure as hell was an extra motivation to like it.

Edited by Arlborn

1 hour ago, Alli said:

The First Avenger being the major exception there.  The fact that a love interest from a superhero film was beloved enough to get her own two-season network TV series is pretty remarkable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alli said:

That, and the fact that...it stars a woman. :D 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alli said:

TFA did it and it did it better than WW. Thor 1/2 did it and did it worse than Gigli.

17 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

TFA did it and it did it better than WW. Thor 1/2 did it and did it worse than Gigli.

I love me some Peggy Carter(loved the show as well) but that's some biased grade A bullshit.

Your main point still stands though. It's doing well with women more because of the main character than the romance itself. The romance, being so well done, is definitely helping though.