Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Don't DC fans do the same thing about the other side too when you think about it? Why don't you just enjoy whatever movies you want to enjoy.

You were calling me to be banned, when I never did anything comparable to calling someone cancer and violating a threadban (I never even got as much as a warning in my forum life). iJack is also a tool for pushing his Marvel fanboyism too far down people's throats, but can't you just ignore people like him anyway? Yes, you can. Like whatever you wanna like and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. (Unless whatever you like is just plain wrong, like racist propaganda or something... then we need to talk)

I will take offense on that. And very much so. I'm no Marvel fanboy. It took Wonder Woman to @grim22 and others here admit that. I wasn't pushing my "Marvel fanboyism" or my "DC fanboyism" down anyone's throats. I don't like Snyder's take on DC characters. Just like I don't like Singer's take on X-Men characters, but love Tim Miller's take on Deadpool and most of all Patty Jenkins take on Wonder Woman. AND THE FACT THAT I DON'T LIKE SNYDER'S TAKE WASN'T EVEN THE TOPIC AT HAND. It was their perception towards me. I wasn't talking about how much I dislike Snyder's take, I was talking about the film in the light of the news that came out. How the hell am I a Marvel fanboy again? Just because DCEU loonies take me as a Marvel fanboy doesn't mean that I actually am one. I CAN'T BE BLAMED FOR THE PERCEPTION OF OTHERS TOWARDS ME, WHEN I LITERALLY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. A little bit of respect and acknowledgement towards my way is long overdue around here. Honestly. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

13 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I will take offense on that. And very much so. I'm no Marvel fanboy. It took Wonder Woman to @grim22 and others here admit that. I wasn't pushing my "Marvel fanboyism" or my "DC fanboyism" down anyone's throats. I don't like Snyder's take on DC characters. Just like I don't like Singer's take on X-Men characters, but love Tim Miller's take on Deadpool and most of all Patty Jenkins take on Wonder Woman. AND THE FACT THAT I DON'T LIKE SNYDER'S TAKE WASN'T EVEN THE TOPIC AT HAND. It was their perception towards me. I wasn't talking about how much I dislike Snyder's take, I was talking about the film in the light of the news that came out. How the hell am I a Marvel fanboy again? Just because DCEU loonies take me as a Marvel fanboy doesn't mean that I actually am one. I CAN'T BE BLAMED FOR THE PERCEPTION OF OTHERS TOWARDS ME, WHEN I LITERALLY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. A little bit of respect and acknowledgement towards my way is long overdue around here. Honestly. 

Okay, I apologize if you felt offended, and I'm still working out the full context of the story (everyone has their side of things). But literally every single thing that you've posted in that JLA thread is always about how you "know" how the Snyder/Whedon connection works and all of that stuff.... look, no disrespect but it's hard not to have a perception about you due to the many things that you've said before and your hostility towards Snyder's DC vision (which I'm not big on either, admitedly, but whatever). I know you praised Wonder Woman, and I know that you dislike most of the Foxverse, you're not a total Marvel loonie, so I'll just leave it at that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Okay, I apologize if you felt offended, and I'm still working out the full context of the story (everyone has their side of things). But literally every single thing that you've posted in that JLA thread is always about how you "know" how the Snyder/Whedon connection works and all of that stuff.... look, no disrespect but it's hard not to have a perception about you due to the many things that you've said before and your hostility towards Snyder's DC vision (which I'm not big on either, admitedly, but whatever). I know you praised Wonder Woman, and I know that you dislike most of the Foxverse, you're not a total Marvel loonie, so I'll just leave it at that.

I'm a fan of the superhero genre. And there's not much to "working out the full context of the story". Nothing I've said there could justify what happened. And no, I never claimed to "know" what is happening with Justice League. I'm just someone that follows superhero news very close, for either DC or Marvel. What I was saying was in context with the news that broke that day, which was the T2 actor that is playing Cyborg's father claiming that the reshoots were happening because the studio thought the film was too dark. I thought that the threads were to discuss the news about the films here, and that was what I was doing. I wasn't the only one discussing it. Yesterday Ben Affleck said that Justice League is the product of two directors. Is he a Marvel loonie, a DCEU loonie or what?  

I love the superhero genre. Not just DC. Not just Marvel. Stop trying to label me, stop trying to attach me to a brand. If you don't like to talk about these movies, don't bother those who actually do. But as far as me commenting stuff here... I'm done. Way too much direspect towards my end for me to continue. I'm just here for box office updates and that's it. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm a fan of the superhero genre. And there's not much to "working out the full context of the story". Nothing I've said there could justify what happened. And no, I never claimed to "know" what is happening. I'm just someone that follows superhero news very close, for either DC or Marvel. What I was saying was in context with the news that broke that day, which was the T2 actor that is playing Cyborg's father claiming that the reshoots were happening because the studio thought the film was too dark. I wasn't the only one discussing it. Yesterday Ben Affleck said that Justice League is the product of two directors. Is he a Marvel loonie, a DCEU loonie or what?  

I love the superhero genre. Not just DC. Not just Marvel. Stop trying to label me, stop trying to attach me to a brand. If you don't like to talk about these movies, don't bother those who actually do. But as far as me commenting stuff here... I'm done. Way too much direspect towards my end for me to continue. I'm just here for box office updates and that's it. 

Oh, you're gonna convince me that you're innocent of all the accusations that you've never spewed ridiculous conspiracy theories about how you know how the movie is being handled backstage, as if you are special and have that kind of info to give? C'mon. Nothing you ever said warranted that answer by the Brainiac dude, absolutely, but don't act like you're an angel.

And I like to talk about these movies too. But when you and some other person are bickering about brands - you ask me not to attach you to a brand, but really, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that I see you starting arguments and stuff, it's almost always pro-MCU, especially against these other DC fans - it's hard for ME and for other people to have civil arguments about these movies. It takes two to tango, buddy, and it wasn't just Brainiac who led the JLA thread astray w/his ridiculousness, cause you were part of it too. You didn't started it, but you sure as hell didn't help it. I'm not criticizing you for standing up for yourself when someone calls you "cancer", not at all, but this is just the culmination of what feels like months, maybe years, of hostility.

You know what? Maybe that's the best for everyone that you depart. I'm not saying that I don't want you here or that nobody likes you or anything, don't take it like any of that at all. I respect you. But Brainiac is banned from this forum, and while you're still here, you need to get some cool air. Even BKB, who is still as Marvel loonie as you can get, is far more coolheaded than he used to be (despite his continous overpredictions) after his long ass ban. Lead yourself off the forum for a while, and maybe you can comeback much more relaxed in the near future.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Even BKB, who is still as Marvel loonie as you can get, is far more coolheaded than he used to be (despite his continous overpredictions) after his long ass ban.

Uh...he just defended Nazis today and got perma banned :rofl: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

Uh...he just defended Nazis today and got perma banned :rofl: 

....oh my dear God, he didn't :rofl:

There you go @iJackSparrow, you'll NEVER be as bad as BKB, even if you actively tried to. But... you kinda need to leave the forum for a while to forget about these fights and these DC fanboys. Take this as a friend's counseling, not at all as a disrespectful insult.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh, you're gonna convince me that you're innocent of all the accusations that you've never spewed ridiculous conspiracy theories about how you know how the movie is being handled backstage, as if you are special and have that kind of info to give? C'mon. Nothing you ever said warranted that answer by the Brainiac dude, absolutely, but don't act like you're an angel.

I talk about what the trades say, good or bad, for all the superhero movies. In fact, I do have some contacts with insider knowledge, but I never used or claimed that around here. I'm not acting like an angel, I'm passionate about this stuff, but I'm fucking sick and tired of you idiots trying to shoehorn me into the blue team or the red team. I'm not part of any of these stupid flame wars. 

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

And I like to talk about these movies too. But when you and some other person are bickering about brands - you ask me not to attach you to a brand, but really, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that I see you starting arguments and stuff, it's almost always pro-MCU, especially against these other DC fans - it's hard for ME and for other people to have civil arguments about these movies. It takes two to tango, buddy, and it wasn't just Brainiac who led the JLA thread astray w/his ridiculousness, cause you were part of it too. You didn't started it, but you sure as hell didn't help it. I'm not criticizing you for standing up for yourself when someone calls you "cancer", not at all, but this is just the culmination of what feels like months, maybe years, of hostility.

Fuck this. I can't be blamed if you people don't know how to treat people other than being either red or blue. That's not my fault. I like most of the MCU stuff, but I have gone on record of criticizing the MCU several times. If you aren't paying attention it's because it's fucking easier to put people in their boxes. I'm sorry but that's not really my fault and fuck you for trying to blame me for that. 

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You know what? Maybe that's the best for everyone that you depart. I'm not saying that I don't want you here or that nobody likes you or anything, don't take it like any of that at all. I respect you. But Brainiac is banned from this forum, and while you're still here, you need to get some cool air. Even BKB, who is still as Marvel loonie as you can get, is far more coolheaded than he used to be (despite his continous overpredictions) after his long ass ban. Lead yourself off the forum for a while, and maybe you can comeback much more relaxed in the near future.

Don't worry, I'm out. Really out. I'm not even talking with anyone here anymore, I'm just here because of rth updates and that's it. I'm done with this bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

....oh my dear God, he didn't :rofl:

There you go @iJackSparrow, you'll NEVER be as bad as BKB, even if you actively tried to. But... you kinda need to leave the forum for a while to forget about these fights and these DC fanboys. Take this as a friend's counseling, not at all as a disrespectful insult.

Oh, how funny. Fuck this dude. Honestly. You don't tell me what to do. I didn't ask you any advices. 

22 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I talk about what the trades say, good or bad, for all the superhero movies. In fact, I do have some contacts with insider knowledge, but I never used or claimed that around here. I'm not acting like an angel, I'm passionate about this stuff, but I'm fucking sick and tired of you idiots trying to shoehorn me into the blue team or the red team. I'm not part of any of these stupid flame wars. 

Fuck this. I can't be blamed if you people don't know how to treat people other than being either red or blue. That's not my fault. I like most of the MCU stuff, but I have gone on record of criticizing the MCU several times. If you aren't paying attention it's because it's fucking easier to put people in their boxes. I'm sorry but that's not really my fault and fuck you for trying to blame me for that. 

Don't worry, I'm out. Really out. I'm not even talking with anyone here anymore, I'm just here because of rth updates and that's it. I'm done with this bullshit. 

21 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Oh, how funny. Fuck this dude. Honestly. You don't tell me what to do. I didn't ask you any advices. 

...excuse me?

Almost EVERY SINGLE TIME THAT YOU SPEWED ANYTHING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IN THAT JUSTICE LEAGUE THREAD, IT'S ALWAYS "durr durr jack schneider is outta the justixe ligue moovie and whedon is directing it and schneider is awfulle durr durr I know foh suh". You don't want anybody to shoehorn you into a team, when YOU, all this time (before it escalated w/those uncalled for comments), have been actively provoking the DC loonies w/your stupid conspiracies??? Commenting on "headlines" is just your get out of jail card, pal.

I don't treat anyone as red or blue... except the people who are OBVIOUSLY red or blue. I didn't want to provoke you (and I already apologized for my earlier comments), but you even dare insulting me and this is what you get - YOU, my friend, are as team red as the eyes of a bull in a matador fight. You've criticized the MCU? With how many fingers can you count that shit? I know you loved Wonder Woman, good for you, but so did almost everybody (even BKB aka Nazi Defender liked it). It's not a question of putting anybody in a box without all the context, cause I'm not a PI or a stalker and I don't have to know everything that you've posted - it's about who is there when fire starts, and you're almost always there, buddy. ALMOST. ALL. THE. TIME. So much so, than when I heard that the JLA thread was locked because of a fanboy fight, I immediately assumed that you were the Marvel defender, and guess what? I was right. So, is it not worth it putting anybody in a box when you've given everyone more than enough reasons to do so?

You were an active part of that fight that led to the locking of a thread. Regardless of having been the one to start it, YOU WERE PART OF IT AND YOU ARE PARTLY TO BLAME FOR WHAT HAPPENED. Yes, you fucking are. Those DC fanboys can suck it for all I care, but in all honesty, months and months of shade spitting can lead you to unwanted places. You're not alone in that, but you're one of the main perpetrators. So, grow the fuck up, stick up for your mistakes (cause if other people aren't gonna do that, that immediately makes you better than them), and if you're not gonna take my advice and insult me in retreat, then you might as well go royally fuck yourself.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Michael Bay isn't attached to it so chances are it won't be a dumpster fire

Fair enough, but just the name "Transformers" alone seems to have overly toxic wom on its own, with or without Bay. We'll see, but I think that, unless Bumblebee is great, these movies are gonna do less and less from here on out.