Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

^^^Still salty at Wonder Woman  being better than all the crap that Miss-I'm-So-Adorably-Clumsy-And-Relatable (But-I-Will-Scratch-My-Butt-with-Religious-Relics-from-Another Culture) has done. :D 

#byeGurl

WTDnnwE.gif?noredirect

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Snyder destroyed Superman as a character.

Superman in these DCEU films is unlikeable, brooding, mopey and a killer. He looks miserable in all the scenes of him rescuing people in BvS. The people also hate his guts which is the cherry on top.

The character has been so badly written, I don't even want to see him in Justice League.

trre.gif

• Like 1

Batman was way too murderous in BvS, but meh I don't really care that much... since we already got our definitive Batman with the TDK trilogy.

Affleck himself was great, but the writing failed him.

Gal Gadot got really lucky since she was barely in BvS, so there wasn't really any time to mess up her character. The only bad thing one can say about her was that she felt tacked on.

Lex Luthor reeeeeaaaly sucked. Did the actor think he was playing a cartoon Joker?

BvS is truly a wretched film.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The cutest thing about the Wonder Woman thing is how  people went nuts over

a nicely done and well told movie, it was so schocking after the 2016 events people convinced themselves they saw something unique, like you know, a landmark film, and not just a nice riff on Superman'78 and Captain America : The First Avenger.

Timing helps.   You definitely want to follow movies like BvS and SS.   I walked out of WW being relieved they didn't mess it up.   And it was so nice to see that WB is capable of making a heroic character feel heroic and optimistic.

• Like 1

Timing helps. You definitely want to follow movies like BvS and SS. I walked out of WW being relieved they didn't mess it up. And it was so nice to see that WB is capable of making a heroic character feel heroic and optimistic.

I was terrified WB would screw up the Wonder Woman movie, but was glad they didn't. WB and Snyder were likely too busy fucking up Justice League to mess with Wonder Woman, while Jenkins was filming WW, Snyder was preparing to film JL.

I'm a huge fan of the Justice League cartoon, and it's sad how much I'm dreading the upcoming JL movie.

The rest of the DCEU can flop now that I have my good WW movie, but it would be nice if they learned something from WW's success and do better movies.

Who am I kidding? We got Suicide Squad after BvS. WB doesn't give a crap if their movies are good or bad as long as their movies make money.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Snyder destroyed Superman as a character.

Superman in these DCEU films is unlikeable, brooding, mopey and a killer. He looks miserable in all the scenes of him rescuing people in BvS. The people also hate his guts which is the cherry on top.

The character has been so badly written, I don't even want to see him in Justice League.

Would be great if him coming back from dead is treated like a mini-reboot of the character. And don't name the next superman film MAN OF STEEL 2. Hope Vaughn gets to do it. WB chatted with him before they went with Snyder/Nolan/Goyer's version of Superman. This is what he said,

I think that’s the one thing not to do with Superman, trying to do the serious ‘The Dark Knight’ version. Superman is about color and fun, or it should be, for me.

http://screenrant.com/man-steel-2-superman-matthew-vaughn-soft-reboot/

EF3GlSf.jpg

• Like 1

I wish Superman would... smile?

Superman looks like a demon screaming with his heat vision eyes glowing. I would run the hell away from him if I met him in a back alley.

You are suppose to fear Batman, not freaking Superman.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The rest of the DCEU can flop now that I have my good WW movie, but it would be nice if they learned something from WW's success and do better movies.

Who am I kidding? We got Suicide Squad after BvS.

WB took the wrong lessons from the criticisms of BvS by trying to change the tone of the film instead of trying to flesh out the characters so those "big" moments like Superman's death or El Diablo's proclamation of the Squad being "family" feel earned and not forced. Which is why that No Man's Land scene in Wonder Woman works so well because it feels earned and in line with the character of Diana that was in the film. 

But I guess for SS it was too late to make any changes.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

The things I disliked about BvS was not the fight scenes, they were as good as if not better than Marvel offerings.

Its the dumb swarm of bats lifting him up in the air and the people all reaching to touch Superman like he was a god while he stares at the sky ( and of course Martha).

Really, it was so easy to have lifted the movie just to cut those scenes.

As people have said WW worked so well because it wasn't a CBM, it was an action movie and they put so much effort into getting the historical details right. I didn't even know until recently about the angel of Mons and soldiers really did report seeing her charging the battlefront clad in ancient armour.

Edited by AndyK

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Damn, people really love their Snyder bashing. I think that when Wonder Woman gets its third reboot in 2057, BOTers will still lament the wretchedness of BvS and the evil that is Snyder.

I think Snyder is very talented, but has a tendency to go OTT, he should get his stuff peer reviewed before charging ahead.

• Like 1

We should get a better idea of how Justice League will turn out in the upcoming weeks with screenings or leaks.

Beware of too positive reactions like with Suicide Squad had in early May screenings.

Basically, "Too good to be true" comments.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/20/possible-first-reactions-to-suicide-squad-/

Edited by Mojoguy

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Damn, people really love their Snyder bashing. I think that when Wonder Woman gets its third reboot in 2057, BOTers will still lament the wretchedness of BvS and the evil that is Snyder.

I think that's why you see every DC thread go to shit, it's the constant nitpicking of everything he does that's so annoying to people who actually enjoyed the movies. 

I'm in no way saying people aren't allowed opinions (or to dislike his movies or his style)but how many times have we heard the same crap from the same people in how many DC threads? 

Anyime I see someone mention Snyder in a negative way now I basically ignore all their comments, it's just such a worn out subject already. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The cutest thing about the Wonder Woman thing is how  people went nuts over

a nicely done and well told movie, it was so schocking after the 2016 events people convinced themselves they saw something unique, like you know, a landmark film, and not just a nice riff on Superman'78 and Captain America : The First Avenger.

Compared to MOS, BvS and SS is a landmark of filmmaking :pokemon:

23 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think that's why you see every DC thread go to shit, it's the constant nitpicking of everything he does that's so annoying to people who actually enjoyed the movies. 

I'm in no way saying people aren't allowed opinions (or to dislike his movies or his style)but how many times have we heard the same crap from the same people in how many DC threads? 

Anyime I see someone mention Snyder in a negative way now I basically ignore all their comments, it's just such a worn out subject already. 

Well this is the first time I have ever posted my thoughts on BvS, I never watched SS so I have no thoughts on that particular film.

But if it upsets some people, they probably should go back and read post #1, the comments are exactly what this thread is designed for.

10 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Well this is the first time I have ever posted my thoughts on BvS, I never watched SS so I have no thoughts on that particular film.

But if it upsets some people, they probably should go back and read post #1, the comments are exactly what this thread is designed for.

This isn't a dc only thread and I have no issues with you or anyone else disliking BvS or any movie for that matter. 

And if if you don't get what I mean, just look at the fact that we now have a separate forum for DC discussion. 

Edited by cax16

I think it's fine for superman to be conflicted in MoS discovering who he is and working out what that  means for him, but he needed to emerge from that movie a grown up superhero.  Instead he went through a lot of the same paces in BvS being conflicted about who he was, and on top of that much too easily out smarted by lex luthor. 

But overall I love the snyder-DC-verse.  I've said before it feels like it's not the main DC story but a weird side what-if story that somehow magically got made.  And sadly that's all gonna shift in JL back to the main DC universe storyline. 

40 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This isn't a dc only thread and I have no issues with you or anyone else disliking BvS or any movie for that matter. 

And if if you don't get what I mean, just look at the fact that we now have a separate forum for DC discussion. 

I know,  if people wanted to punch each other, this was the thread to do it in not the JL thread. lol

I have reservations with some films in both franchises,  I just say what I see and I have stated that I thought Age of Ultron and CW had just as bad a set of problems.

• Like 1