Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, mredman said:

yeah because the critics are biasec Marvel. They have no right reviewing any movie. it will be like a Star Trek fan reviewing the new star wars movie. They are disgrace to their profession

Explain why WW and TLBM got raves then.

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

yeah because the critics are biasec Marvel. They have no right reviewing any movie. it will be like a Star Trek fan reviewing the new star wars movie. They are disgrace to their profession

Did any of you DC fans bitch this much when Wonder Woman was getting overly praised

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

MCU fans are delusional.  WW is going to beat every MCU film this year at the domestic box office.  This proves that when a DC film is well made they can beat your precious MCU. 

But I'm wasting my time talking with the most drunk on power fanbase in films right now.  

Rants over.

Lmao 

11 minutes ago, mredman said:

I love these posts. I truly do.

Edited by AJG

Just now, That One Guy said:

Overzealous DC and Marvel fans alike need to fuck off and grow up

Exactly. The fact that adults fighting over who’s characters in spandex and tights is better is ridiculous. They’re so much more films out there and way more better stuff to do in life.

15 minutes ago, mredman said:

You have problems, man.

50 minutes ago, mredman said:

Please shut up. Please? 

Edited by MrGamer2558

4 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I am coming from an objective standpoint since I am not sympathetic towards neither MCU or DC.

So objectively speaking, I think DC fans are the worst.

To be fair though, MCU fans have yet to seriously be challenged either by a BO failure or a critics failure...

There are those on here who think AOU and CW fit the bill.

4 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Thor 2 and The Hulk were both rotten and Marvel fans don't have any issue when people say that these 2  plus IM2 are very average movies.

Most Marvel fans also do not have an issue stating that WW is a great film and deserved it's critical acclaim and BO.

Marvel fans do not report every post that says something negative about their films.

There is no equivalency between the fans... at least there isn't here.

The fact that no one challenged this or threw a hissyfit shows a distinct difference  in maturity. 

For the record there are no rotten MCU films.:jeb!:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Solo my ass.  Superman and Flash can destroy him at faster than light speeds and Dr.Fate is easily his equal.  

The nerd in me wants to point out that Dr. Strange is very much a match for Superman. (Magic being very explicitly one of Supes big weaknesses) and only a faux fan boy would be so blind. (Fate would destroy Supes.)

That not nerd in me is long dead.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I am coming from an objective standpoint since I am not sympathetic towards neither MCU or DC.

So objectively speaking, I think DC fans are the worst.

To be fair though, MCU fans have yet to seriously be challenged either by a BO failure or a critics failure...

DC fans do seem worse, but like you said they've had a lot more negative things happen to them over the past 10 years.   To make it even worse for them, the "rival" is not just doing well...but excelling with just about everything they do and even changing the way movies are made.

I would hope most CBM fans would realize that we need everyone to put out movies that the public likes in order for the genre to remain healthy.    CBMs got popular in the first place because EVERYONE was making movies the public liked.   It wasn't just Marvel.   Fox, Sony, and WB are also a part of the explosion.   Any CBM that turns off the public is a very bad thing for the genre.   If everyone but Marvel failed with the public the genre would suffer and maybe even fade away completely.   We are all on the same "side".

2 hours ago, 75Live said:

at this point, I don't think there will ever be a rotten Marvel

We used to think that about Pixar too.    It happens to everyone.   No director is perfect, no actor avoids being in a stinker, and no studio can manage the difficult task of putting together all the various pieces that go into producing a movie perfectly every time.   It's inevitable that something will go wrong for Marvel at some point.    Like maybe a deadline rushing production like with JL.

2 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

Did any of you DC fans bitch this much when Wonder Woman was getting overly praised

I wonder if that "counts" for the most angry segment of the DC fan base?   I get the sense that most of the worst ones are more Batman fans than DC fans.   WW was the one DCU film that didn't have Batman in it so it might actually be worse that it is the one that did so well.

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'd put money on virtually every other CBM on the schedule being rotten before I would IW. They aren't gonna fuck up that bad after a decade of meticulous planning to get to these films. 

That could be a post you revisit in a couple of years, "I never would have predicted this would be the one they would screw up".   :D

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

The fact that no one challenged this or threw a hissyfit shows a distinct difference  in maturity. 

For the record there are no rotten MCU films.:jeb!:

My mistake... they were not rotten but not certified fresh.  No one challenged my statement because everyone assumes they were rotten. :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2