Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

When Feige was asked how Warner Bros. might be able to get the DCEU back on track, he responded: “I always hesitate to come off as the person who is bestowing advice on people. It’s not really what I do. What I do know is, they’re great characters. I’m not shy about saying, Richard Donner’s Superman, I still think, is the paradigm by which we all still should follow. It’s all there.”

Class act.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

nice meme

The only thing worth remembering from that debacle is that Jim was so mad at not being able to edit the film he broke into the office to make his own edit. The man loves cinema.

After the first week of shooting, the set harmony was disturbed by some discussions about the work between the director and the producers (the executive producer, Ovidio G. Assonitis, asked to verify the day-to-day activities, arguing with most of Cameron's choices), so while Cameron was only responsible for the shooting, most of the decisions were under Assonitis' authority.[citation needed] According to Dreaming Aloud, a biography of Cameron by Christopher Heard, Cameron was not allowed to see his footage and was not involved in editing. He broke into the editing room in Romeand cut his own version while the film's producers were at Cannes, but was caught and Assonitis recut it again.

In a 2008 interview on The Hour, Cameron jokingly denied breaking into the editing room, then recounted the story as a "hypothetical scenario", and told host George Stroumboulopoulos how he "would've broken into the office" if he actually did it.[3]

:hahaha:

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

The only thing worth remembering from that debacle is that Jim was so mad at not being able to edit the film he broke into the office to make his own edit. The man loves cinema.

:hahaha:

Acting like you are personal friends with someone you have never met by using heir first name:One of the last stages of delusional fanboyism.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Superman Returns was the perfect adaptation of Donner's Superman to the modern times, and it flopped with audiences. People said the character was boring and uninteresting. 

Nah, it was an incredibly incompetent adaptation of Donner's Superman to modern times. Donner's Supes did not mope around and feel sorry for himself the way that Supes in "Superman Returns" did. And Snyder version of Supes made that even worse.

A Dark,Moody, Superman just does not work. He is not Batman.

And Donner's Superman..at least for the first two films...is still the best screen version of Superman to hit the big screen. Much better then what Snyder gave us.

And the Supes Returns "Superman As Deadbeat Dad" is one of the worst ideas ever....

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Kevin is probably getting bombarded on all sides right now, especially if its true that Disney had him listen in on a LF-related conference call to ask for help.

If I were Feige, I would bluntly tell Disney I do not want to take over the SW franchise ,period.

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I just want to remind people that even if the SW franchise has its; problems, there is no guarantee that "Avatar" will be the one to take it's place.

you sound nervous 😅

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

On 6/22/2018 at 12:06 PM, Captain Craig said:

Jurassic Park is already eligible by any of it's supporters to chime in here. 

It is very clearly a successful franchise with its own bragging rights. 

What supporters?

4 hours ago, Serpico Jones said:

He was fired from Piranha 2 after a week so it doesn’t count!

The producer even knew he was getting fired, the guy just needed a scapegoat so he could blow the money down the drain. 

• Like 1