WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

7 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I saw peanuts last night. I just didn't like it. Never been a big fan of the comic sketch. I didn't like the story or the animation style. The animation was very jarring. 

Better you watch Spectre:P

Saw Spectre yesterday.  Enjoyed it, but wasn't thrilled (if that makes any sense).

While anything above $220 million or so domestic is par for a modern Bond film, it's not the best thing for the megabudget behemoth that Spectre turned out to be.

Darn, maybe it's just me, but even it the numbers are good, I hate it when they come in below early estimates on Friday. I always find it a tad disappointing. But regardless, it's solid for both movies, without any major over performance.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

It dropped 19%.  How is that not pretty incredible?

Because it's a well-reviewed, well-liked Best Picture contender in its 6th weekend - and 19% is the kind of hold those types of films tend to have. It's also after a weekend where Saturday fell on Halloween and muted increases. Not to mention it, Bridge of Spies and Goosebumps are the only other semi-major films to go see other than Spectre and Peanuts. 

19% would be incredible in its 2nd or 3rd weekend, but in an adult drama's 6th weekend, sub-25% is kind of expected if it has decent WOM. For example, Bridge of Spies should have a sub-25% drop next week, and The Martian should have another one, because The 33 is the only semi-major film next week. 

I will agree that sub-20% is excellent though, considering it lost IMAX theaters to Spectre. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, terrestrial said:

You should probably try out On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The Bond actor in it isn't my favourite one, but I think you might get to know a side of Bond that might surprise you

Goldeneye also has one sentence I really find matching, but that ones very spoilerish (found in wiki):

Reveal hidden contents

In GoldenEye M is btw the first time played by a woman (Dench) and I love 007 & 006's entry scene

Perhaps I will check it out. I was thinking of maybe the Timothy Dalton bond films, because I really like the actor. are those ones any good?