WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

29 minutes ago, a2knet said:

QoS opens to 67.5m and does only 2.5x.

But Skyfall opens higher by 21m.

Skyfall does 3.45x, but Spectre's ow goes down by 15m.

Me not get it.

I know Skyfall overperformed but after 3 years of inflation, a 15m drop in ow is surprising.

Skyfall had way more hype than any other recent Bond movie.

The hype leve returned to normal levels with Spectre.

Plus Spectre seemed like a retread of Skyfall. There wasn't much to make the public especially excited.

• Like 1

Skyfall opened here on a Friday and sold 97000 tickets between Friday and Sunday. Between Thursday and Saturday, Spectre already cracked the 100000 tickets sold. Crazy opening.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, a2knet said:

QoS opens to 67.5m and does only 2.5x.

But Skyfall opens higher by 21m.

Skyfall does 3.45x, but Spectre's ow goes down by 15m.

Me not get it.

I know Skyfall overperformed but after 3 years of inflation, a 15m drop in ow is surprising.

Skyfall's marketing was on point, from the great teasers to the final trailer. The promotion of 50 years of Bond and the Olympics also helped. Not to mention a title song with a great hook which anyone could easily remember unlike Sam Smith's song which never builds to a good chorus. And it was also a solo release as well.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Which equals to.....either box-office uprise :).....or downfall? :(

I dunno. 

I was joking. :lol:

After the ASM series, Sony would only reboot as a last resort.

I think the direction they go depends on whether Craig stays. If he does they'll keep the tone of the previous four films, if he doesn't they might re-invent the franchise again.

Spectre will probably have a nice hold on the dailies then it's second weekend bring in about 33-35 million and then take a hit when Hunger Games comes out(due to IMAX screens) and it should do close to 220 million domestic. Peanuts off to a decent start with 45 million it should do also decent on the dailies,and make about 32-34 million on its second weekend and hold up well and should earn about at least between 165-175 million domestic.

• Like 1

The Martian is still holding up strong oddly enough I wonder if it can get it's way to 240 million domestic? Probably not but it should at least come close to The Bourne Ultimatum's unadjusted domestic total. Goosebumps will probably earn close to 75 million domestic. Bridge Of Spies will make its way north of 70 million domestic. But as for next weekend's projections I think Spectre and Peanuts will be in a tight race for 1st place. While The 33 will probably earn between 10-12 million, and Love The Coopers will open around 5-7 million.

5 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The Martian is still holding up strong oddly enough I wonder if it can get it's way to 240 million domestic? Probably not but it should at least come close to The Bourne Ultimatum's unadjusted domestic total. Goosebumps will probably earn close to 75 million domestic. Bridge Of Spies will make its way north of 70 million domestic. But as for next weekend's projections I think Spectre and Peanuts will be in a tight race for 1st place. While The 33 will probably earn between 10-12 million, and Love The Coopers will open around 5-7 million.

Oscar noms tacked $15 - 20 mil on the back end of Gravity's run. The Martian will need the same boost if it's to hit $240 mil. Not impossible.

37 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I get the typical 260 m vibe from Good Dinosaur.

Nothing so far indicates it will make it into the Pixar's greatest hits club.

I feel the opposite, it's a Frozen-like movie : people don't expect much from it but it benefits from a wonderful WOM and outperforms in a fantastic way, it has a huge potential in that area.

Edited by Fullbuster