grim22

Weekend Estimates: Bond 35.4M, Peanuts 24.2M, Coopers 8.4M, Martian 6.7M, 33 5.8M

Yaaar... I was all for Love the Coopers over The 33 simply due to it seeming much more appealing to the GA. But most others and Mojo said otherwise. Now not being an american or in america, I didn't know the least bit about their buzz or whatever hype their, any ads or anything else. Heck I had never even heard their names and wouldn't have cared the least bit but for the Winter Game. So who was I to challenge the others' views?... 

Edited by Infernus

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

fine hold for Spectre and much better than Quantum of Solace's second weekend drop. Shows WOM is probably pretty solid. 

QOS had a more competition though Spectre held better during the week than QOS though not as well as Skyfall which also had a wee bit more competition in it's 2nd w/e.   Spectre is getting it's big competition next w/e and unlike QOS and Skyfall it won't benefit from a 3rd w/e Thanksgiving holiday

6 minutes ago, vignette123 said:

Spectre obviously has better legs than Thor and it will breeze past 200 Mill easy. And it's sitting on 550 Mill global after this weekend. Simply brilliant.

Thor 2 had shit legs. 57% drop on 2nd weekend, then Catching Fire completely destroyed it. Spectre can do 2.7-2.8 easily.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

QOS had a more competition though Spectre held better during the week than QOS though not as well as Skyfall which also had a wee bit more competition in it's 2nd w/e.   Spectre is getting it's big competition next w/e and unlike QOS and Skyfall it won't benefit from a 3rd w/e Thanksgiving holiday

it's still a good hold considering it was supposedly getting bad WOM for being boring or dull.  It also had a better hold for an action sequel than Peanuts had for a family movie this same weekend, 200m is back on the table. 

Edited by John Marston

2 minutes ago, vignette123 said:

Oh, of course. I completely forgot that it will drop to 19 mill after actuals come out tomorrow. Thanks for your wise words, genius. 

If the estimate holds it'll have a better Friday-weekend multiplier than Skyfall. I don't think it will. We'll see.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

it's still a good hold considering it was supposedly getting bad WOM for being boring or dull.  It also had a better hold for an action sequel than Peanuts had for a family movie this same weekend, 200m is back on the table. 

I will wait until after Thanksgiving to decide if this is gonna do 200M or not. I still think it is gonna be hard for it to do it. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I will wait until after Thanksgiving to decide if this is gonna do 200M or not. I still think it is gonna be hard for it to do it. 

also it had Veterans Day on Wednesday which also allowed a lot of people to go out on Tuesday night as well. Thus allowing the film to burn up more business over the week

Great, great hold for Spectre. Didn't see that coming at all (lost me some points in the Game too). $200M could happen, so maybe a DOM total of $198-$210M?

Peanuts did... okay I guess. Not the zeitgeist hit I was hoping for, but if it survives the next weekend, and doesn't tumble in Thaksgiving, $155-$165M will still happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

We don't know this?

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

also it had Veterans Day on Wednesday which also allowed a lot of people to go out on Tuesday night as well. Thus allowing the film to burn up more business over the week

This sounds like the very same reason why many geniuses here thought it would drop 60% plus this weekend, eh?

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well at this period......James Bond will actually compete against someone else.....someone he didn't face 3 years ago.

He now has to compete against Katniss Everdeen, the same month.

The battle of the November blockbusters will begin soon.:ohmygod:

He did have to against sparkly vampires though. While Spectre will take a hit next week, Thanksgiving will allow for a decent recovery. I think 200 million will happen and might be able to stretch it to 210 million if it manages a decent hold next week

• Like 1