WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Do you guys think lucasfilm are thinking of cancelling Star Wars Episode IX Part 2: Chewie's Big Day or will they risk it?

At this point I'm sure Episode 100 has been mapped out and we will actually see it in our lifetimes. "An SW movie per week, makes our pockets so stuffed they leak" is Disney's new slogan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It felt like very familiar territory to me. It wasn't bad at all, but I didn't have a strong connection with it (like I've had with the better Pixar efforts).

Well, it's a matter of taste, I can't argue with that ^^

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

The Hunger Games was the only one I cared for anyway. 

It was the only successful one, The Maze Runner had potential but faded with Scorching Trials...It's a trend that passed its sell-by date apparently.

But who cares? Captain America 3 and Batman vs Superman will destroy everything :wub:B)

• Like 1

That number is disheartening, and I will always stand by that MJ1 killed so much momentum. I said it before that this would happen...

Huge shame. But I don't think it can be denied that MJ2 has quickly built a reputation for being a downbeat, grim ending. I am sure it's going to affect us.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rth said:

Seems to be right ball park for now

Oh snap, that's really disappointing for Part 2.

My Star Wars Opening Week over Mockingjay Part 2 domestic total doesn't look so insane now.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Decided to look up last year's thread (it is still as glorious as ever). This was the initial estimate for MJ1

On 11/21/2014, 2:11:12, Rth said:

atm going with

THG:Mpt1 55-60m,IS 4-5,BH6 4.5-5

OD was 55.1M

Also found the real reason for underperformance

On 11/21/2014, 2:17:02, CJohn said:

Can we assume that the nude pictures leak hurt THG?

• Like 1