WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

I'm sure his has been said, but the first two films are true "Hunger Games" films and that was a significant part of the draw - especially for those who didn't read the books. The last two films lack that sort of epic event and I think the grosses reflect that. The series is still a phenomenal success regardless, but I personally felt that the itwould always peak with part II because of that fact.  People want the actual games. 

• Like 1

I watch THG with my sister and female cousin in theaters and was intrigued.

CF was everywhere and my four male friends and myself wnet to see it on its 2nd weekend. 

MJ1 watched at home 6 months latter and forwarded a third of it as a Katniss was so annoying as the world burned around here and was moaning around

"Where's Petta wahhhhhhhhhhhh"

The only cool part of MJ1 was the underground city getting bombed.

• Like 1

watched sicario a few days before new hunger games and the bit in the former where that one dude says to brolin  "there's red when I pee!" and Brolin's like "it's probably blood dude, you got gonorrhea or smthing" i remember better than anything in the latter. been thinking about it since I saw it. shit had me rolling. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Releasing 4 movies in back to back to back to back years probably wasn't the best strategy. No time for any hype to build.

It honestly makes me worry about Captain America:Civil War.  3 films with Captain America in 3 years. Its going to feel like another Avengers movie only a year after Age of Ultron and that movie may have given the Marvel films some bad buzz. Don't be surprised when BvS out grosses Civil War.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

Just now, The Panda said:

I think taking out the games took away a lot of the novelty thinking about it.  A downbeat film about war propaganda just isn't as appealing.

Plus the marketing campaign for both parts was weak compared to CF.

People always bitch about marketing campaigns and usually it's just hot air but it really did feel like Lionsgate was coasting with these two

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

It honestly makes me worry about Captain America:Civil War.  3 films with Captain America in 3 years. Its going to feel like another Avengers movie only a year after Age of Ultron and that movie may have given the Marvel films some bad buzz. Don't be surprised when BvS out grosses Civil War.

I'm more of a Marvel fan than DC and I never thought Civil War would beat BvS. I enjoy both so after both Ultron and this under performing I'm trying to keep low expectations.  

• Like 1