WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

52 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am not sure when I am gonna see MJ2. Our Brand is Crisis and The Secret in Their Eyes also opened here this weekend. And Bridge of Spies opens next Thursday....

You would rather see Our Brand is Crisis than MJ2 ???:blink:

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You would rather see Our Brand is Crisis than MJ2 ???:blink:

MJ2 will be in theaters for a while. Our Brand is Crisis will probably disappear after next week. And Our Brand is Crisis was highly promoted here because of Joaquim de Almeida being in it. The director was in Portugal as well. I am interested in seeing it tbh. 

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

I can't believe how frontloaded MJ2's opening day was compared to MJ1

It's more likely than not that the preview number included the grosses from the Wednesday double feature, which is a factor that hardly anyone seemed to take into account when the figure was reported yesterday.

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I wonder how Marvel and Warner Bros are going to keep audiences interested for Infinity War pt 2 and Justice League pt 2.

Audiences are becoming cynical of the whole splitting films into two strategy.

I've been thinking about this and I think it will be different with these films because they are basically creating original plot lines and just spreading them out over 2 films. Its not like its a novel thats been split in 2. The films are not direct adaptions like say Watchmen or Sin City or even Kick-Ass.

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

I can't believe how frontloaded MJ2's opening day was compared to MJ1

It's more likely than not that the preview number included the grosses from the Wednesday double feature, which is a factor that hardly anyone seemed to take into account when the figure was reported yesterday.

I don't think they made much difference overall. There weren't a lot of shows and not many sellouts (at least, as far as I can tell).

I should have known Hunger Games had such a weak fanbase. 

I imagine it'll turn into another Twilight. Something that was quite popular at one point but never to be seen or heard off again.

Pray for Josh Hutcherson's career, he ain't got shit after this. Baby Thor will probably end up playing a younger Thor in flashbacks for whatever Thor movie is next.

I can't tell if this is playing like a Scorch Trials on steroids or a weaker version of the first MockingJay at our theatre. $30.6M Friday (including previews) up from $20M of Scorch Trials but down from $40M of first Mockingjay. Matinees today brought it up to $48M, so it may or may not have the equivalent of a $100M weekend here.