WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

I love Goodfellas but I thinkn DWW is just as good and that win both for picture and director made sense to me.  But if Goodfellas would have won, I'd feel the same way.  Kind of the same as the big three in 1994.  Any of them could have won and I'd be fine with it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DAR said:

Goodfellas didn't win best Picture or Director that's all you need to know about the Oscars

Yup, waaay better than DWW.  Raging Bull is the real travesty though...Ordinary People over it :puke:

bot, that $98.7m actual is going to be really sad looking tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Why not save your pity for a movie you love that actually doesn't make any money at all?

Like Swingers, Rounders and Office Space?  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

We all know that TDK blows all of these films out of the water.  The Reader isn't even one of the best films to come out the week it came out, let alone the year it came out.  Benjamin is horrible and Frost/Nixon is ridiculous.  Milk is decent but far from best picture material and Slumdog is a worthy nominee, but it should have lost to TDK.

ALL of this. 

Hell, even Iron Man from that year beats all the BP noms except Slumdog. Truly a disastrous year of Academy choices. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Released the same week as The Reader:

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Nothing Like the Holidays

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Delgo

Doubt

Gran Torino

Che

Wendy and Lucy

Dark Streets

Timecrimes (Los Cronocrimenes)

Where God Left His Shoes

$9.99

Definitely proves Baumer's point. Doubt and Gran Torino shit all over The Reader.

TDK, Slumdog, The Wrestler, Gran Torino, and Wall-E would've made '08's one of the strongest BP nom lineups in memory. And only one of them actually got nommed. Ridiculous. 

• Like 3