WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmao anytime someone calls The Martian script "smart." :lol: Zesty one liners and pseudo science can make for a fun script yes, but certainly not a smart one. Gravity never tried to rely on its script, and that is what makes its effectiveness even more impressive.

If The Martian is pseudoscience then NASA apparently didn't get the message: "The film 'The Martian' takes the work NASA and others have done exploring Mars and extends it into fiction set in the 2030s... NASA has collaborated on this film with 20th Century Fox Entertainment, providing guidance on production design and technical consultants." They actually have a page devoted to real world analogs to the tech in the movie. Just saying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

yall just talk......the most...... shit. ur asses must be so jealous of all the shit that comes out of ur mouth.

I don't even know what this means, what are you trying to say?

English motherfucker, do you speak it? :)

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't even know what this means, what are you trying to say?

English motherfucker, do you speak it? :)

Yes, hoe. I said that your fucking asscrack must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth.

Edited by angeldelmito

1 minute ago, angeldelmito said:

Yes, hoe. I said that your fucking asscrack must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth.

So as a new guy, are  you looking to get blacklisted here?  Why would you come to a site as a new person and be a jerk like this?  Surely there's other ways to express what you are trying to say.

• Like 12

How did this thread turn into Oscar talk? This is a website full of fanboys, so I should have known that there would be a ton of posters acting as if The Dark Knight is the absolute best movie ever. I fallaciously thought that there might a glimmer of sense though.  Anyway, Changeling, Doubt, Frozen River, Walle and The Wrestler should have all gotten a best picture nomination WAY before The Dark Knight ever got one. The guy who said that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a terrible movie has to be a rabid fanboy. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

While I get pissed off at the Oscars like everyone else, time is the greatest judge of films. It won't matter 50 years from now if a great movie wins or is nominated. It'll just be a trivia question.

I don't really get outraged about the Oscars anymore. They were invented for PR and to keep stars motivated. They're a grand spectacle and if excellence is awarded along the way, it's a bonus. 

Gravity and The Martian have equally obvious endings? Especially when both were said to be big crowd pleasers ahead of time, and American crowds don't like downbeat endings from that kind of action/adventure movie. So, a studio would be unlikely to greenlight a $100M+ movie where people leave it grumbling and tell their friends not to bother.

2 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

How did this thread turn into Oscar talk? This is a website full of fanboys, so I should have known that there would be a ton of posters acting as if The Dark Knight is the absolute best movie ever. I fallaciously thought that there might a glimmer of sense though.  Anyway, Changeling, Doubt, Frozen River, Walle and The Wrestler should have all gotten a best picture nomination WAY before The Dark Knight ever got one. The guy who said that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a terrible movie has to be a rabid fanboy. 

Well, there's nothing wrong with thinking that a movie like TDK should have won best picture.  I'm far from a fanboy, but I can recognize great film making and I didn't see anything in 2008 that was better.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, he's new, so I'm willing to over look it.  But I just don't see why anyone needs to come to a site and be aggressive.  

Me either but it's not his first time.  I guess it's just his way :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

So as a new guy, are  you looking to get blacklisted here?  Why would you come to a site as a new person and be a jerk like this?  Surely there's other ways to express what you are trying to say.

lol whoops. but no i'm just saying that yall are so damn negative over everything lmao. guess the whole "ass being jealous" thing was much. :P 

ec9e2c555de8a946dc07079d36b98600.jpg

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Goodfellas didn't win best Picture or Director that's all you need to know about the Oscars

Dances With Wolves was just as deserving

• Like 1