WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the night before I'm not surprised. i still wanna see it but from what I could figure the plot they were selling was "Seth Rogen is high again... but now it's christmas or whatever" and that was it?

There was more to it then that Rogen wasn't even the main focus of the film. 

12 minutes ago, The47th said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Adele as an excuse for MJ2's numbers yet.

I made a joke earlier in this thread waiting for the first person to make an Adele Albums > MJ2 Tickets club.

Of course it's not a valid excuse.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

Just now, babz06 said:

I don't understand the blaming of JGL. Shouldn't Rogan have brought out more people? Maybe his brand isn't as strong as people thought.

I think it's just a meme at this point.

amazing opening for mj2, what a giant. the fact that it opened to half of what jurassic world did with about 1% of the hype of jurassic world... the fact that it opened to 2/3 of what thg/cf did with about 1% the hype of thg/cf... this movie is a box office juggernaut

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I doubt it gets a boost with how early Fox is releasing it on Blu.

Ya, they've obviously decided that an early home media release is the better tactic in the Oscar season. But it should get enough of a boost to leg it past 230M.