kayumanggi

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM | 580.0 M overseas ● 814.0 M worldwide

'Fantastic Beasts' retains international lead with $33.1m

Warner Bros’ Harry Potter spin-off reaches $480.7m after four weeks in play.

Ahead of Rogue One’s arrival, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them enjoyed one last week as the overseas leader.

The Harry Potter spin-off conjured up another estimated $33.1m from its 67 markets to lift its running total to $480.7m. Its current leading markets are China ($82.4m), the UK ($52.3m), Japan ($37.4m), South Korea ($32m) and Germany ($27.5m).

http://www.screendaily.com/news/fantastic-beasts-retains-international-lead-with-331m/5112102.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

3 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

'Fantastic Beasts' retains international lead with $33.1m

Warner Bros’ Harry Potter spin-off reaches $480.7m after four weeks in play.

Ahead of Rogue One’s arrival, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them enjoyed one last week as the overseas leader.

The Harry Potter spin-off conjured up another estimated $33.1m from its 67 markets to lift its running total to $480.7m. Its current leading markets are China ($82.4m), the UK ($52.3m), Japan ($37.4m), South Korea ($32m) and Germany ($27.5m).

http://www.screendaily.com/news/fantastic-beasts-retains-international-lead-with-331m/5112102.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

That Japan number is bogus. It should come in at least 1m higher. 

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

Don't forget it will porbably drop hard next weekend, offsetting any extra money earned over the holidays.

It made $33,1 this weekend. It will droo hard but not 70%, so at least it will make $14 next weekend for a total of around $510 (weekdays are going to be better this week) and then $60 more with ease, so a $570 finish very likely for this film. It's going to go up the weekend before so it's not all lost (as domestic it will finish with $235 which is a very good number with nice legs)

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

This run is great. How much do you guys think the next would could do World Wide, assuming similar ER? Do you think with the good WOM of this one and Dumbledore, it could achieve 900m? I think it's very doable.

I agree that 900m is doable. This time around people were really sketical: they didn't have a clue about what this is. I think that after the good reception of the first movie the interest will be more next time around and Fantastic Beasts will have gained some brand name value by its own. Also, the connections with HP will be far more apparent with Dumbledore coming. What worries me a bit though, is that this movie felt like a complete chapter. I am not sure if people are intrigued to see what's coming next. Maybe though...There were thouse hints with Leta Lastrange and Dumbledoore coming should be a big force. I can see 900m if the movie is good which should be the case.

Also, I don't know what they are planning for Newt but, I would really like to see Eddie in the next movies. He kind of adds value on the films. Really one of the best actors of our times and possibly the best personality on Hollywood.

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I agree that 900m is doable. This time around people were really sketical: they didn't have a clue about what this is. I think that after the good reception of the first movie the interest will be more next time around and Fantastic Beasts will have gained some brand name value by its own. Also, the connections with HP will be far more apparent with Dumbledore coming. What worries me a bit though, is that this movie felt like a complete chapter. I am not sure if people are intrigued to see what's coming next. Maybe though...There were thouse hints with Leta Lastrange and Dumbledoore coming should be a big force. I can see 900m if the movie is good which should be the case.

Also, I don't know what they are planning for Newt but, I would really like to see Eddie in the next movies. He kind of adds value on the films. Really one of the best actors of our times and possibly the best personality on Hollywood.

They've already reassured the fans that he will be the main character of all the 5 movies. I'm happy with it, I really enjoyed his character.

What I'm really hoping for is that the other three also continue to have a big role in these films.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

They've already reassured the fans that he will be the main character of all the 5 movies. I'm happy with it, I really enjoyed his character.

What I'm really hoping for is that the other three also continue to have a big role in these films.

You talk about Quinne and Tina right? Well yes I agree. Especially Quinne, is very intresting character. It feels depressing that we have to wait for another 2 years :( ....I guess time will fly quickly. It seemed likeyesterday when I first saw the trailer of this...  :) 

7 minutes ago, Xavier said:

Unfortunately DS still has Japan in January, and the MCU movies do very good business there.

Not particularly. The highest grossing Marvel movie in Japan is TA with about 45m. No other movie made even 30m and most of the stand-alone ones (except for IM) barely exceeded 10m. From the Japan thread a while ago: DS is headed for 10-15m max. And even if DS pulls an Avengers it still wouldn't matter. With that it would barely cross 700m. FB is headed for close to 800m.   

Edited by James
  • Like 1

@James @FantasticBeasts and all the other FB fans

2 hours ago, jiangsen said:

Fantastic Beasts' run has been extended until 1.24.17

China, unusual, but not with many theatres I understood

have fun (and let other fans have their fun too - no I do not mean you FantasticBeasts :))

• Like 1