kayumanggi

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM | 580.0 M overseas ● 814.0 M worldwide

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

@James @FantasticBeasts and all the other FB fans

China, unusual, but not with many theatres I understood

have fun (and let other fans have their fun too - no I do not mean you FantasticBeasts :))

Can you elaborate a little bit what does this mean or I will have to ask a person more specialized in China's Box Office?

17 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Can you elaborate a little bit what does this mean or I will have to ask a person more specialized in China's Box Office?

I already asked for you and the others at the China area, if you click on the little right looking arrow on the right top edge of the quote you will see the answers as far as they were given. You might have to hover with your mouse in the area to see the arrow :)

I do only know from the past that it is possible but rare, and do not have any data at hand how much that impacted the totals if it happened, as I only collect finals and for a few projects (very atypical for the movie business like the MCU idea) where I collect more data.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

I already asked for you and the others at the China area, if you click on the little right looking arrow on the right top edge of the quote you will see the answers as far as they were given. You might have to hover with your mouse in the area to see the arrow :)

I do only know from the past that it is possible but rare, and do not have any data at hand how much that impacted the totals if it happened, as I only collect finals and for a few projects (very atypical for the movie business like the MCU idea) where I collect more data.

Just saw it! Thanks for thinking of us ! :) 

FANTASTIC BEASTS unearthed $14.5M this weekend overseas, pushing it past $500M int'l. CHN ($84M) UK ($56M) JPN ($43M) KOR ($33M) GER ($30M)

#FantasticBeasts smashed $500M intl this wknd. $509.8M led by China's $84.8M. Global tally now $717.5M. Shd break $800M over holidays.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

I found them :

Another $8M got stuffed into Newt Scamander’s case in 62 markets this frame, taking the offshore cume to $528.8M. Worldwide, the cume is $744.6M on Warner Bros’ Wizarding World spinoff franchise-starter. Behind China, where the creatures have packed up with $85.2M, the lead markets are the UK ($58.7M), Japan ($48.1M), Korea ($33.2M) and Germany ($31.4M).

Must have passed Suicide Squad by now and should pass Deadpool with ease. 800m seems a little difficult. I mean, it has another 20m  from Japan, 15m from USA and let's say 5m from UK but it needs another 15m from other markets which isn't easy!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I found them :

Another $8M got stuffed into Newt Scamander’s case in 62 markets this frame, taking the offshore cume to $528.8M. Worldwide, the cume is $744.6M on Warner Bros’ Wizarding World spinoff franchise-starter. Behind China, where the creatures have packed up with $85.2M, the lead markets are the UK ($58.7M), Japan ($48.1M), Korea ($33.2M) and Germany ($31.4M).

Must have passed Suicide Squad by now and should pass Deadpool with ease. 800m seems a little difficult. I mean, it has another 20m  from Japan, 15m from USA and let's say 5m from UK but it needs another 15m from other markets which isn't easy!

It could make $5M from Germany too! It seems it still has 500k admissions (or more) left.

• Like 1

I have already started wondering about the next one! God. We'll have to wait at least a year to have the smallest of hints!!!

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I really believe that if the second movie is very good, better than the first one, it has a very good shot at doing 900m WW possibly more. 

People were suspicious about the first movie, they didn't know what it was about and even some hard-core fans waited for a long until they see it. Seeing that people liked the movie and loved the characters I don't see any reason why with Dumbledore returning and the connections with Harry Potter being far more evident the second one won't go further. Harry Potter fans are so fcking loyal that it can never go less than 700m. The first one is on track for 800m more-or-less and with ER being terrible in some markets! UK and Latin America for example should have costed this at the very least 50-70m! So with a considerale increase this will go 900m.