grim22

BOF's Top 25 movies of 2015. Full list on Page 13. The forum is shiny and chrome.

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Brooklyn was low on my list. Found its ending problematic

The last third was the weakest part and I think undermined the heroine and love story a bit but overall I found it a lovely film.  Though it wouldn't have been at all out of place premiering on PBS/BBC (which have a ton of quality productions)

Just now, ThatOneGuy said:

OK I'M SORRY BUT STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON BEING AT ONLY #23 IS A CRIME

agreed, but like coolio just said about Brooklyn, I am sure most people didn't even watch it so I was happy just to see it on the list

Just now, Telemachos said:

Hmmm, does one of my super-late viewing entries make it in? I didn't see it on the "also receiving votes" list. :thinking: 

that list only covered up to 121 so there were like 100 other movies with votes that didn't make the list.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i won't be able to see mustang until like april and i really wanted to see mustang. honestly guys we should've held off on this until may 2017 then i'd have gotten all my required viewings in. very unfair.

Mustang opens here in February. For me, late February would be perfect tbh :lol: Only Concussion is set to open in March and the movie sucks so it wouldn't be a problem. 

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Brooklyn was low on my list. Found its ending problematic

The last third was the weakest part and I think undermined the heroine and love story a bit but overall I found it a lovely film.  Though it wouldn't have been at all out of place premiering on PBS/BBC (which have a ton of quality productions)

Probably no coincidence that BBC is in fact planning a TV spin-off

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grim22 said:

#21 - THIS IS NOT A JOKE or MISDIRECTION 

Hide contents

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

ydjX3dk.png

I8i69oi.png

Since I haven't actually watched the movie, I cannot write anything concrete here. 

BOF User Reviews:

Slow burn but immensely great. This and P1 together are an altogether different beast to CF, while that was more fun and fast paced, this is a slow burn war film, I found this especially poignant and altogether the way they did it makes sense (minus long gap between the two parts), I don’t think a CF type film would be worked for this story, it’s not that type of film at all. Brilliant and fitting end. Temper expectations in terms of epic explosive conclusion because this is a slower and more thoughtful conclusion.
JLaw: fantastic but wasn’t expecting anything but. Hutch was great, Gale is probably my main nitpick, too obvious about his principles, talks a bit too much rhetoric at start, which is an odd characterisation change from P1 . Core supporting cast (Harrelson, Banks, PSH, Malone, Claflin, Sutherland) were a joy to watch, not too sure on Moore though (although one scene early on is fantastic) but we’ll see when I see this again tomorrow night.

Other points:
- trailers featured too many major lines and that took away from their impact in the film, especially with one scene early on.
- Squad 451 cast - underused but damn Henson (Foggy from Daredevil) was a standout, wish there was more Ali.
- Coin (Moore) unintentionally funny? Drew a few chuckles from the audience.
- Credits song and suite are beautiful, bravo JNH and JLaw.
That’s it for now, more tomorrow after rewatch.
8.5/10 CF>MJ2>HG>MJ (CF>MJ1&2 together as one>HG)

-Antovolk

Adored this

10/10!

-Films

Have IQ's dropped while I was away?

This means there were multiple votes for this.  WTF....seriously.  This a vicious life sucking movie that shaves IQ points from you.

• Like 8

Spoiler

It Follows

CDkubaI.png

ooOs22a.png

Probably the best horror movie of 2015. This captured the creepiness and atmosphere of being haunted by something without resorting to cheap sound effects or jump scares (for the most part). Maika Monroe was really good in this movie in this movie and probably deserved better than being Liam Hemsworth's love interest in Independence Day 2 as her follow up roles

BOF User Reviews

LOL, same thing happened. Screened this with a few friends and just go out. We are all creeped out still. Its pretty scary to walk out into the dark empty parking lot to your car after this film.

Great little horror film. Best one I've seen in a while

9/10

-Impact

From the first shot, its on. Whats amazing is how well the concept works and it actually may even be scarier in the day. It also was great because at times with this whole group of friends it felt like a teen adventure movie in a way. 

B+ (89)

-Jay Salahi

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

This means there were multiple votes for this.  WTF....seriously.  This a vicious life sucking movie that shaves IQ points from you.

we all agree that the list just died at that point, so we are just enjoying the fun of the rest now :)  

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatOneGuy said:

But it made like, 168 million at the box office.  One could assume a fair amount of people saw it.

oh they did, but that doesn't mean they are on this board :P 

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I didn't have it on my list, because I haven't seen it yet, so thankfully my IQ points haven't dropped that much. :)

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

The 2nd movie that shows up from my list. I was hoping for a top 15 finish for it :( At least it showed up, I guess.

• Like 1