Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

My prediction in all categoriesBest picture: LINCOLNBest actor: Daniel Day-Lewis for LINCOLNBest actress: Jessica Chastain for ZDTBest director: Steven Spielberg for LINCOLNBest supporting actor: Tommy Lee Jones for LINCOLNBest supporting actress: Anne Hathaway for LES MISERABLESBest adapted screenplay: LINCOLNBest original screenplay: ZDTBest cinematography: LIFE OF PIBest editing: ZDTBest original score: LIFE OF PIBest original song: SKYFALLBest sound mixing: LIFE OF PIBest sound editing: SKYFALLBest sfx: LIFE OF PIBest costumes: ANNA KARENINABest art direction: ANNA KARENINABest documentary: THE HOUSE I LIVE INBest animated film: FRANKENWEENIEBest foreign film: AMOURLINCOLN: 5 OscarsLIFE OF PI: 4 OscarsZDT: 3 OscarsSKYFALL AND ANNA KARENINA: 2 OscarsComments?

I could live with that.

At this point, I am now fairly confident that Lincoln will get both BP and BD which was what I thought would happen more than a year ago when the movie was first announced. Also, if DDL does not win BA then he was robbed big time. It doesn't matter that he already has two Oscars. No performance compares.

I think that the AMPAS is particularly reacting towards the Critics trying to force-feed their favourite down their throats again. Even the Critics are kinda having a little bit of a backlash to it. But, this was all of course expected.

My prediction in all categoriesBest picture: LINCOLNBest actor: Daniel Day-Lewis for LINCOLNBest actress: Jessica Chastain for ZDTBest director: Steven Spielberg for LINCOLNBest supporting actor: Tommy Lee Jones for LINCOLNBest supporting actress: Anne Hathaway for LES MISERABLESBest adapted screenplay: LINCOLNBest original screenplay: ZDTBest cinematography: LIFE OF PIBest editing: ZDTBest original score: LIFE OF PIBest original song: SKYFALLBest sound mixing: LIFE OF PIBest sound editing: SKYFALLBest sfx: LIFE OF PIBest costumes: ANNA KARENINABest art direction: ANNA KARENINABest documentary: THE HOUSE I LIVE INBest animated film: FRANKENWEENIEBest foreign film: AMOURLINCOLN: 5 OscarsLIFE OF PI: 4 OscarsZDT: 3 OscarsSKYFALL AND ANNA KARENINA: 2 OscarsComments?

Harvey doesn't think you re very funny.

Agreed on basically everything, except for art direction which I have to think would be Pi. Also supporting Actress, since the Academy loves Field, and she's won quite a bit more than Hathaway so far. It would also fit in with a mini Lincoln sweep. Also crossing my fingers for Ralph in animated, but I know Frankenweenie is more likely at this point.

Agreed on basically everything, except for art direction which I have to think would be Pi. Also supporting Actress, since the Academy loves Field, and she's won quite a bit more than Hathaway so far. It would also fit in with a mini Lincoln sweep. Also crossing my fingers for Ralph in animated, but I know Frankenweenie is more likely at this point.

Art direction will NOT be Pi. It won't even get nominated!

I am waiting for Les Miz to make a comeback beginning this Tuesday.

definitely. Word out of the Guild screenings have been nothing short of amazing, and Academy members are reporting that most screenings for AMPAS members are met with rapturous applause. It if opens to 15+ million (And some people are even suggesting an 8k PTA for 22 million :o), and takes #1 for the weekend, it'll definitely be 150% back in the running in a huge way.

definitely. Word out of the Guild screenings have been nothing short of amazing, and Academy members are reporting that most screenings for AMPAS members are met with rapturous applause.It if opens to 15+ million (And some people are even suggesting an 8k PTA for 22 million :o), and takes #1 for the weekend, it'll definitely be 150% back in the running in a huge way.

You might be right. Les Mis vs. Lincoln. Back to where we started. I'm still going to remain confident that ZDT does not win BP.