Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

The world would be in an uproar if TDKR got BP but Nolan didn't get a nod again.

We do not if is any good even if is good I just can't see it happening. Avengers made more money so some would argue it is the better film. But comic book move will not be nominated.

We do not if is any good even if is good I just can't see it happening. Avengers made more money so some would argue it is the better film. But a super hero move will not be nominated.

fixed, as that makes more sense ;)

^Still there is hope though for either TDKR or Avengers.Though, WB will adveritse The Hobbit instead and possibly Argo.

TDKR is well received WB will push it because all the great trilogies have had 1 film in the series be nominated for best picture. TDK trilogy would be first not have a nomination and plus very rarely are third films every good. So if TDKR is a great film WB will push it but a nomination will not happen.

The Dark Knight Rises could be in the hunt if the movie itself delivers. It is, after all, the sequel to the movie whose snub supposedly had a direct connection to the expansion of the Best Picture lineup. But even if it does deliver, I think the Picture/Director snubs for The Dark Knight and the Director snub for Inception are evidence that the Academy isn't nearly as fond of Christopher Nolan as others, so...

I definitely don't think Moonrise Kingdom is a "lock" at this point. It's probably going to be in the running, yes, but the most significant nomination a Wes Anderson film has ever received is a screenwriting nomination for The Royal Tenenbaums. Knowing what an acquired taste Anderson can be, Focus will need to run an excellent campaign to keep the film in the conversation.