Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

I am sure Avengers wont be nominated, even if it should be. TDKR will probably be, though it has to live up to TDK (which I know people will be disapointed by TDKR even if its the best film ever)Anyway my earliest predictions:BraveDark Knight RisesDjango UnchainedHobbitLawlessLife of PiLincolnThe MasterOne ShotSome movie we don't know about yet :P(I am sure nobody had Artist at this point)

Any summer film is an extreme long shot. You need (in rough order): ( a ) a prestige factor (the people involved, ( b ) the sense that it's "about something" (more than just an adventure), ( c ) good critical reception, and ( d ) big box-office gross.AVENGERS gets C and D, but misses on A and B.PROMETHEUS and TDKR *might* get A and B, but C and D are still unknowns (though TDKR basically gets D unless a total catastrophe happens).

I'd switch the places of the prestige factor and being "about something". None of the creatives behind The Help had much to their names.

That's true. On occasion, B can trump A if the subject is "important enough". So in that case, ZOMG WE WILL LEARN ABOUT RACISM was the most important factor. :D

As I've been saying forever, if tdkr is at least BB level, it'll be Nominated. For God's sake, D9 and the blind side were nominated and we had 9 nominees last year even with the new rule. Only way it misses is if it gets like a 50 RT score, and even then look at ELIC. I still think it's the Master's to lose at this point .

Jack and Jill should of won last year then since it did have Al PacinoAnd yeah I was playing as you could tell.Also-does any of this matter? If its Harvey Wienstien and/or Sean Penn doing a film about sitting on the toilet the Academy go nuts :P

As I've been saying forever, if tdkr is at least BB level, it'll be Nominated. For God's sake, D9 and the blind side were nominated and we had 9 nominees last year even with the new rule. Only way it misses is if it gets like a 50 RT score, and even then look at ELIC. I still think it's the Master's to lose at this point .

I liked both of those films :PAlso if the Master wins it be further proof Harvey is doing something with the Academy :P

I liked both of those films :PAlso if the Master wins it be further proof Harvey is doing something with the Academy :P

Don't get me wrong, I liked them too, but no way bp level, especially blind side. As for the master winning. If it does I think it'll be more of a PTA is due kind of situation like NCFOM was for the Coens. Oh, and because it'll be great ;)