#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Like you said, it's probably just bad timing. Disney's cable networks are their biggest profit generators by far. Don't think it has anything to do with SW.

They make the most from their cable networks then theme parks then film. There is this tendency in markets to "sell the news" the day a big catalyst like SW7 opens due to all the biggest expectations being priced in. Has a lot to do w/ cable cutting and less people watching ESPN/ABC than in recent quarters/years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eXtacy said:

Box office was more interesting with her around :unsure:

This was preview Thursday not opening Friday. There were never numbers for previews. Nikki surely didn't give them nor did Rth.

• Like 6

So I heard that a few bars had bought tickets for some showings and had buses going to some of the theaters last nigh.  Only in Wisconsin would we tailgate before a movie :rofl:

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2

Quick side question to someone that can help me.

On the previous website template, there was a feature that you could click to get to the spot where you left off.  I think it was unread content?  Does this template have that?  I haven't found it yet.  I'm sure its a simple answer.  If someone could let me know-greatly appreciated.

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Absolutely, these are totally different releases both on time of year & fanbases.

Very true on time of year, but I think the fanbases are decently comparable. I mean, sure, Star Wars fans are different from Trekkies (though there were a few folks dressed up like Trekkies last night. And there were a *bunch* of people dressed up in animal costumes. I was unsure what was going there. Maybe a furry convention in town?) and they're both different from Harry Potter fans, but they're similar enough to be comparable.

Very good number. 4 years of record broken. DH2 carried it very well,still it'll be the highest gross for true midnight previews, Love ya Potter.
Records are meant to be broken in the same way records are bound to happen with STAR WARS. Now the Highest  OW is ahead,let's do it!

STAR WARS THE POWAA.. UNLIMITED POWAAA!!

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

So I heard that a few bars had bought tickets for some showings and had buses going to some of the theaters last nigh.  Only in Wisconsin would we tailgate before a movie :rofl:

Sounds like a really good time, if you aren't drunk/stoned before a big release you must be high on life haha.

• Like 1