#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, B J said:

Af of now Saturday looks like

Sold Out: 21

Showings: 80

If it follows the same trajectory as Friday we should be able to confirm another 5-10 sellouts.

Cool, so probably level with Friday ITO sellouts, though I assume morning/afternoon shows will be more full than Friday.

Unfortunately the only showings with reserved seating left that are not playing it in 3D are either sold out or the remaining seats suck.

Sunday fo sho. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

if these estimates stick I see nothing close to SW7 until inflation kicks in

most will be lucky to reach 225m ow

Completely agree, maybe MAYBE if Episode 8 has as good marketing and great reviews again. I don't see anything in 2016 coming close to this including Batman V Superman despite what some like Excel think. This was too perfect the storm. 

Edited by somebody85

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Completely agree, maybe MAYBE if Episode 8 has as good marketing and great reviews again. I don't see anything in 2016 coming close to this including Batman V Superman despite what some like Excel think. This was too perfect the storm. 

BvsS could hit hit 200m ow and miss 400m, judging by early quality

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Does Episode 8 have any chance ? Or will it be another sequel not meeting high expectations. 

I don't think so.  I just can't see the hype of 8 ( or any movie ) approaching this.

Hopefully they will take a few years off between this and the next trilogy to allow hype ( and inflation ) build.

9 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

BvsS could hit hit 200m ow and miss 400m, judging by early quality

I still don't see BvS hitting 200. It's a possibility if marketing really picks up and the reviews are good though. I think the reviews are going to determine a lot of where that one goes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I still don't see BvS hitting 200. It's a possibility if marketing really picks up and the reviews are good though. I think the reviews are going to determine a lot of where that one goes.

Well of course marketing is going to pick up. We're three months out. It's got time before things go into overdrive. By the time we get into March, it'll be something akin to what Star Wars was over the past month: everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Damien Spock said:

Well of course marketing is going to pick up. We're three months out. It's got time before things go into overdrive. By the time we get into March, it'll be something akin to what Star Wars was over the past month: everywhere.

Doubt BvS is even going to break 200m

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

Doubt BvS is even going to break 200m

Immaterial to the point I was making. Regardless of where it ends up, the marketing is going to be in overdrive come opening weekend, because that is what happens with tentpole blockbusters. The marketing is big THEN, not three months ahead of time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Panda Menace said:

Attack of the Clones is such a bore, nearly fell asleep a number of times. D

That's your body going into self defense mode.    That's actually the best possible way to "watch" the Prequels.

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

I would believe it. Seems like there is a divided reaction on social media from certain hardcore fans. They don't know what they want...

The really hardcore fans I know are loving it....and won't hear even the slightest complaint about it.    Recalling how the hardcore fans first reacted to TPM (denial), I expect them to do the same this time.

I suspect fans of other franchises are behind the criticism.

5 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

That's your body going into self defense mode.    That's actually the best possible way to "watch" the Prequels.

The really hardcore fans I know are loving it....and won't hear even the slightest complaint about it.    Recalling how the hardcore fans first reacted to TPM (denial), I expect them to do the same this time.

I suspect fans of other franchises are behind the criticism.

I'm a hard core SW fan I loved it but I don't think it's as good as the OT movies. I put it just under those but WAAAAAAY above the prequels including ROTS, which I actually quite like. 

I didn't have the same reaction after watching TPM. I thought it was good and enjoyed it at the time but not as much now though it's still watchable for me. 

• Like 1