#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

How you and your friends view fantasy football & your personal history is the anecdotal part. Nice try.

You should really be pushing this is the last weekend to Christmas shop, not fantasy football nonsense.  If you're going to spam us with your annoying argument, at least go with the shopping one, not fantasy football. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

How you and your friends view fantasy football & your personal history is the anecdotal part. Nice try.

You skipped the other parts of my point. You cant pick and choose to help your argument. And so you're saying my friends are the only people that play fantasy who don't sit at home all day, microanalyzing the games?

If thats the case, thats pretty sad...

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

You skipped the other parts of my point. You cant pick and choose to help your argument. And so you're saying my friends are the only people that play fantasy who don't sit at home all day, microanalyzing the games?

Perhaps I am inspired by the current music I am listening to, but I would instead say it's

• Like 2

Look, when it comes down to sports, and box office in general, it's about isolating variables. The fight and the Derby were CLEARLY the only factors impact AOU's Saturday, and the Sunday hold confirmed that. This weekend, you cannot POSSIBLY isolate sports as the only intercedent variable having a statistical impact. There's so many other variables- shopping, travel, parties, church, and even baking fucking cookies- that can have an impact. It's just faulty statistical thinking to put all of the significance on ONE variable when there's so many in play. Sure, maybe sports DOES have a big impact, but there's no way to prove it on this weekend like with AOU or the Finals in June, so to call anyone who disagrees an idiot makes you look less like some noble crusader and more like a dick. 

• Like 4

Just now, FTF said:

You should really be pushing this is the last weekend to Christmas shop, not fantasy football nonsense.  If you're going to spam us with your annoying argument, at least go with the shopping one, not fantasy football. 

Today is a bigger shopping day (Super Saturday is 2nd biggest shopping day of year) than tomorrow & I bet the holds will be fine today. If not, I'm likely going to be paying B $25 so I'm putting my & where my mouth is. Happy I annoyed you though & got a response. Makes me all warm & toasty inside.

4 minutes ago, jandrew said:

We disagree clearly (last time I'm saying this) & I actually have $ on the Sunday drop so let's leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Today is a bigger shopping day (Super Saturday is 2nd biggest shopping day of year) than tomorrow & I bet the holds will be fine today. If not, I'm likely going to be paying B $25 so I'm putting my & where my mouth is. Happy I annoyed you though & got a response. Makes me all warm & toasty inside.

We can all see through your act…it may not hold 20% or less on Sun, but you pick some nonsense reason like fantasy football so if it does drop say 25% because of holidays and burning off demand and Christmas shopping, you can pat yourself on the back and claim it was fantasy football just like you said, etc, etc.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FTF said:

We can all see through your act…it may not hold 20% or less on Sun, but you pick some nonsense reason like fantasy football so if it does drop say 25% because of holidays and burning off demand and Christmas shopping, you can pat yourself on the back and claim it was fantasy football just like you said, etc, etc.  

I think it will drop 17% just like JW and TA1.

School is out for many. Sunday evening will play strong and counter any football/shopping loss