#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 hour ago, The Panda Menace said:

Yeah, plus it'll have stronger legs as a December release WW compared to JW.  Plus nearly beating it without all of its markets, including China, (JW had them all) is impressive.

Agreed. The OS weekend number is very impressive when you consider China hasn't released yet. JW didn't have Japan on OW, but $90 million of its OW OS came from China. With China, the OS OW record would have been a done deal.

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'll stand by Brick > Nolan's work everyday. I'm feeling a little frisky today so I'll also add that while I like the guy's work, some of you overrate it to a exasperating degree.

You know something is up when a movie poster (Interstellar) gets like 30 likes.

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'll stand by Brick > Nolan's work everyday. I'm feeling a little frisky today so I'll also add that while I like the guy's work, some of you overrate it to a exasperating degree.

Did you mean underrate?

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

That goes both ways. There are quite a few here that talk about him like he's a total hack. 

• Like 1

Between all of the directors announced, Rian Johnson seems to be the one with less experience in handling a big movie like Star Wars. Gareth Edwards and Colin Trevorrow have huge and well received blockbusters on their past. Lord/Miller are doing the Han Solo movie? 

Just now, CJ Ren said:

Between all of the directors announced, Rian Johnson  seems to be the one with less experience the handle a big movie like Star Wars. Gareth Edwards and Trevorrow have huge blockbusters ob their past. Lord/Miller are doing the Han Solo movie? 

Now watch Johnson deliver the best one despite lack of experience, haha. I like the new characters a lot so I'm curious to see where it goes in the sequels. 

• Like 7

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Now watch Johnson deliver the best one despite lack of experience, haha. I like the new characters a lot so I'm curious to see where it goes in the sequels. 

It won't surprise me. He has done great movies. I love Looper.

Also, Star Wars's Sunday night here is bigger than the Friday night. The power of the holidays. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

It won't surprise me. He has done great movies. I love Looper.

Also, Star Wars's Sunday night here is bigger than the Friday night. The power of the holidays. 

No joke

Monday and Tuesday reserved shows are running more then half full from afternoon till evening. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, mepal1 said:
4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Johnson is also the most interesting one, since he's the most "auterish" of the bunch (if you get my ring).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jay Salahi said:

I like Rian Johnson but the dudes made 3 movies in 10 years. And his first one Brick is his best I think. 

In the same time Nolan has given us 3 Batman movies, Inception, Instellar and Prestige. 

What does his output have to do with anything?

• Like 2