#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Sounds like she is lucky. 3D is awful. It makes the screen look smaller, the glasses are distracting as fuck, and it's pretty ridiculous you can't really move your head around much or it becomes a mess. Plus if you're one of the unlucky ones like me, you get headaches from it as well.

I've worn glasses for most of my life and putting them on over my prescription ones is nothing :lol: 

1 minute ago, Jay Salahi said:

I'm that guy who always sits in the pit area.

I have the rest of my life to view stuff only taking up 25% of field of view. 

:apocalypse: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Sounds like she is lucky. 3D is awful. It makes the screen look smaller, the glasses are distracting as fuck, and it's pretty ridiculous you can't really move your head around much or it becomes a mess. Plus if you're one of the unlucky ones like me, you get headaches from it as well.

I am one of those :kitschjob: 

Just now, Jay Salahi said:

Honestly I won't even go to a movie if I have to sit in the back. Its shoving money down the toilet. Its basically the same field of view as a 60 inch from a couch. 

Unless you go to theaters with small screens not really. Plus 2/3rds back is where the best sound quality is. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Will you be giving numbers tonight? :)

Maybe :)

35 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

AMC Empire 25 not #1? :ohmyzod:

Amazing isn't it, happened before of cause but for Arclight to top it when 3 other thrs near by playing as well

35 minutes ago, smerfy01 said:

No Seattle? :(

I'm offended by my city's lack of money making.

There's a lot big numbers nothing wrong with how Seattle did

35 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

No surprise at Scotiabank Toronto was  a madhouse from 7pm Thursday and is still is now lol

Yep and with Yonge/Dundas playing as well Scotia was well over 70% of the business between two sites

33 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Awesome.  Epic for Arclight Hollywood; crazy achievement to top the 42nd St. juggernaut.  Great business from Tysons as well, place was packed like I've never seen it.

Are the grosses going to be published?

Yeah as mentioned b4 Arclight H insane...other bad enough list gets done

28 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

What's crazy about Rth's list is that the Arclight Hollywood, El Capitan, and TCL Chinese are all within a couple blocks of each other.

Yep and phenomenal what all 3 combined took...totally insane

also if you combine Ontario Palace with Mills30 be in top 5

12 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

No San Diego :( 

did gangbusters

• Like 6

• Community Manager
Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Biggest consquence from TFA huge sucess and overwhelming reception...

ROTS wont be held be in such high regard as its no longer the best SW films since 1983. 

Hopefully the bigger consequence is people will move on from the prequels and stop shitting on them every time Star Wars comes up in a convo.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Unless you go to theaters with small screens not really. Plus 2/3rds back is where the best sound quality is. 

Not to mention with digital projection, you can see pixel grid patterns and aliasing up close. Even if you're watching old-school 35mm film, you're seeing a lot of big grain. Only when you start to get into 70mm projection does that get minimized.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't care how big the IMAX screen is, if you sit in the back you can clearly see all Four corners. Idk about you but that doesn't sound like the IMAX experience to me hahah.

As Tele said, people like me are needed. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Jay Salahi said:

I don't care how big the IMAX screen is, if you sit in the back you can clearly see all Four corners. Idk about you but that doesn't sound like the IMAX experience to me hahah.

As Tele said, people like me are needed. 

I don't care if I see the four corners. It means I can see the whole frame....

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Biggest consquence from TFA huge sucess and overwhelming reception...

ROTS wont be held be in such high regard as its no longer the best SW films since 1983. 

I object! ROTS FTW!!! Haha but yes true... :( ROTS will start to be lumped with TPM and AOTC very easily soon enough. 

It is gonna lose that "best of the new ones" mindshare amongst the majority fast :( 

Edited by darthdevidem01