#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Good sign like JW, the trailer at release is being watching heavily on youtube. Means interest remains high

I will saw that no way SW7 does below Im3 today and should be able to do 68 million Saturday.

Compared to JW it does not need to sell out like crazy due to far greater showtimes. 

3 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Huh just catching Big Bang Theory on CBS (not an ABC show) since I was obviously at Star Wars on Thursday night (and yes it's a dumb sitcom). For those that don't know though it is Americas #1 comedy (17 million watched the episode). A big premise of the story revolved around the characters obtaining Star Wars tickets and Sheldon deciding if he should go or spend the night with his girlfriend who he had just gotten back together with (he had purchased tickets while they were broken up). Everyone of the main male characters were super excited to go.

The opening was a Star Wars crawl complete with music and yellow text and the episode even featured an appearance by Bob Newhart as a ghost jedi.

Yeah see any other movie get that type of exposure (I'm waiting Batman V. Superman). There is definitely a reason this thing was so huge....

Yep. There was once an entire episode of Bones where the main characters were queuing for Avatar tickets. Had clips from the movie and everything.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Yeah I was about to post that. Pretty conservative by Lordmandeep. I'm expecting strong holds for next few weeks. 500M+ by next Sunday and 700 by following Sunday.

I predict quite conservative, after the numbers started dropping last night I had a quick nap and a quick dream/nightmare that  SW7 pulls an AOU and does 89 million for Friday with previews and Notcis and James were serving crow endlessly.

In other news, that would be a sign that I need a life but lol it is the SW7 opening weekend, you can go full nerd boxoffice for this. 

Anyways, SW7 is about to do an all day assault here in Canada, shows look to run full day to dusk here. Already 10am shows are busier then yesterday. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I predict quite conservative, after the numbers started dropping last night I had a quick nap and a quick dream/nightmare that  SW7 pulls an AOU and does 89 million for Friday with previews and Notcis and James were serving crow endlessly.

In other news, that would be a sign that I need a life but lol it is the SW7 opening weekend, you can go full nerd boxoffice for this. 

Anyways, SW7 is about to do an all day assault here in Canada, shows look to run full day to dusk here. Already 10am shows are busier then yesterday. 

Matinees will be stronger today and hopefully evening and night remain strong for  75-80M Saturday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

You had a box office nightmare? Yeah that's pretty pathetic. :P

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yep. There was once an entire episode of Bones where the main characters were queuing for Avatar tickets. Had clips from the movie and everything.

That episode pissed me off. Product placement is bad enough, but to literally shove shit in our faces like that... ugh. I want to watch the show, not an hour long advertisement. 

Good numbers though! Such a great time to be a box office nerd!

AMC 84th Street, all 3D shows sold out except for 1:15 AM

Lincoln Square all IMAX

Empire all sold out for IMAX and AMC Prime but only a couple of sellouts of the remaining ~60 shows

Regal Union Square with sellouts sprinkled across the day on all formats

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

Since this is the weekend thread:

THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY - PART 2 earned an estimated $1.55M on Friday. Domestic total is now $250.3M. #Mockingjay #TheHungerGames

How.much is that down from last Friday?