#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

4 minutes ago, FTF said:

We can all see through your act…it may not hold 20% or less on Sun, but you pick some nonsense reason like fantasy football so if it does drop say 25% because of holidays and burning off demand and Christmas shopping, you can pat yourself on the back and claim it was fantasy football just like you said, etc, etc.  

The anger in this post is really funny, please continue FTF. It's an act to have a minority opinion apparently. I'm perfectly fine with that.

1 minute ago, Ash Skywalker said:

Where's chD,redevil,kaiju,captain? I have't seen them for a while.

Captain, Kaiju, and ChD are all on from time to.time (I've seen both Captain and ChD on today) but Reddevil hasn't been on in forever :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tubes said:

So, TFA did 63.5 during regular Friday showings.  Is $70m still max capacity for US/Canada cinemas or does that even matter in the digital age?

It probably wouldve flew past $70 if this was summer.

1 minute ago, Tubes said:

So, TFA did 63.5 during regular Friday showings.  Is $70m still max capacity for US/Canada cinemas or does that even matter in the digital age?

With 65000 shows for TFA capacity is 140-150M.  Max feasible capacity is SM1/SM3's Saturday (7.5M tickets) which can be anywhere from 67-85M depending on the 3D share (low end would be no 3D).  

44 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I am wondering about the countries where the movie opened on wednesday, do they count Wednesday/Thursday numbers as weekend numbers?

43 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

They count towards the weekend. 

As far as I remeber that does not count for all of those countries. At least not in their local way/style to declare OWs.

Ufff finally cought up with the thread...

17 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Look, when it comes down to sports, and box office in general, it's about isolating variables. The fight and the Derby were CLEARLY the only factors impact AOU's Saturday, and the Sunday hold confirmed that. This weekend, you cannot POSSIBLY isolate sports as the only intercedent variable having a statistical impact. There's so many other variables- shopping, travel, parties, church, and even baking fucking cookies- that can have an impact. It's just faulty statistical thinking to put all of the significance on ONE variable when there's so many in play. Sure, maybe sports DOES have a big impact, but there's no way to prove it on this weekend like with AOU or the Finals in June, so to call anyone who disagrees an idiot makes you look less like some noble crusader and more like a dick. 

Pretty sure I didn't call anyone an idiot or said it was the sole reason affecting Sunday's drop but sure...  However you want to make yourself feel better, go for it.

Deadline reported 10.6M from PLF, 8% so I was on the dot with my low-end from yesterday.  No word on IMAX yet but I'd venture ~7M for Friday + 5.7M from previews so 12.7M IMAX OD, and should do 14M more from Sat/Sun for 26-27M IMAX OW.  PLF will go over 20M, and we'll get just under 50M with both formats combined (maybe 50M with D-Box included).