#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

The funny thing is.... I really thought TFA would depress the other movies a lot but I think I way under predicted them.

This thread will migrate to the numbers forum but the daily threads will be like summer all over again.

And next weekends thread will rival this one.

That is where we Failed! 
You under predcited,i over predicted!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What made that Monday special was the Lancer dude posted a $25m troll number and it almost came true, lol. 

Yeah plus Mediasbynumbers would give us super early number that entire week. That 24.5M estimate was beyond chaotic. 

5 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

They can take a million or 2 from Thursday gross since it's Christmas eve and put it to use for OW, if necessary. 

Exactly, no one cares about Christmas Eve box office because it sucks every year. Plus if they take a million or two from Eve, it will make the next day percentage jump even more impressive. :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Not to rub salt in the wounds, since I love MJ2, but TFA's OW basically equals MJ2's first 5 weeks. :ph34r:

I couldn't care less about MJ2. I sincerely don't know why, I saw all the movies in theaters, but I can think about since Age of Ultron is Star Wars. I won't bother watching MJ2 before it's in Netflix next year. 

In Australia. 

TFA first 4 days (midnight opening) - AUD27,254,820

MJ2 first 5 weekends including this past one - AUD27,284,820

TFA just $30k behind. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 10