#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

So it finally looks like FSS will be bigger than ThFS. That's good.

Also kind of unfortunate we'll never know how accurate the $57m preview number is. It's so big that even a slight discrepancy could give TFA the biggest or second biggest Friday proper.

$250M OW!!! OMFG!!

I thought 1 Billion won't happen in my lifetime..... but could it be possible?

It is still a tall order (requires 5x multiplier from OW excluding previews), but the fact that it is even a possibility is PURE AWESOMENESS!!!

It will release this Friday here (Damn it those two good for nothing pile of shits which left no screens available)....... can't wait to check it out!!

GO STAR WARS!! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!

• Like 3

India Box Office Preview: 'Star Wars' to Take on Bollywood Competition

The Force Awakens will get a major rollout in India, with the Walt Disney Company India releasing the film in English along with dubbed versions in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu on more than 1,000 screens.

Despite the strong competition, KPMG India entertainment analyst Jehil Thakkar tells THR that Star Wars “can still do well” and could cross the local box-office milestone of 1 billion rupees (about $16 million) over its entire theatrical run. “The Force Awakens has the potential of longevity as its a must-see movie,” he says

This year, two Hollywood films, Furious 7 and Jurassic World, both from Universal, became only the second and third U.S. releases ever to cross the 1 billion-rupee mark in the country after Avatar did so in 2010.

The Force Awakens will see its Indian premiere on Dec. 23 in Mumbai, which is expected to be attended by top Bollywood stars and personalities “where we are planning some very fun and engaging activities on the red carpet,” says Kapur. "We are also planning to have a Stormtrooper march at one of the largest malls in the city"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

Ozy buddy....lol, the power of Cameron will assure you that Star Wars doesn't pass Avatar.  You'll see, I was speaking with Dean by celly and he was telling me that the line ups for Star Wars are mildly exaggerated.  It won't last long this hype.  Also heard on ABC radio that Avatar 2 is tracking a 300 mill OW, and we're still two years away. :o  You guys are all funny, Star Wars is no match for the one true God, JC (James Cameron).

You know you are tempting fate with this AVATAR bashing Baumer, its not over until its over.

Hate to be a killjoy, but some of your estimations are incredibly unrealistic. You're forgetting that this movie had an abnormal opening weekend built on hype. The preview opening and first day gross compared to sat and Sunday are proof of this. Demand is burnt more than you guys think. You can't just use a regular multiplier for that kind of weekend. I say this slows down and ends at 650.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

It would get tiring every year though. SW will not maintain this popularity as an annual franchise, that's impossible. That's why I'm hoping VIII is actually moved to December 2018. A nice two year cool down after the back to back TFA/Rogue One punches is something I think will frankly be needed. 

It was over long before it begun. 

But good, good... keep your hopes up. 

palpatine+good.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Hate to be a killjoy, but somit of your estimations are incredibly unrealistic. You're forgetting that this movie had an abnormal opening weekend built on hype. The preview opening and first day gross compared to sat and Sunday are proof of this. Demand is burnt more than you guys think. You can't just use a regular multiplier for that kind of weekend. I say this slows down and ends at 650.

If u want to use a normal multiplier, use 3. That still gets IT close to Avatar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

If u want to use a normal multiplier, use 3. That still gets IT close to Avatar.

A 3 puts it 10M below Avatar :lol: . Disney must fudge if it comes that close.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Hate to be a killjoy, but some of your estimations are incredibly unrealistic. You're forgetting that this movie had an abnormal opening weekend built on hype. The preview opening and first day gross compared to sat and Sunday are proof of this. Demand is burnt more than you guys think. You can't just use a regular multiplier for that kind of weekend. I say this slows down and ends at 650.

When its posting near record Saturday and Sunday grosses of all time, the week before Christmas - sorry, that's phenomenon kind of stuff. 

As it stands regulars on here that follow this stuff all year round, and have done for many years, are dead on with their expectations this is going to become the biggest film of all-time in the US. 

When the burnout signs show, everyone will state it. But that hasn't happened yet - not even close. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, FTF said:

What makes you think that?  

Still think the primary appeal is to older folks like myself who saw the original trilogy in theaters in the 70s and early 80s and not so much appeal for the younger generations. So I think an inordinate bulk of the audience is seeing it right now. Don't see big legs for this.

But hey, I am saying it has 50% chance to make $650m domestic. That's not chump change, LOL.