AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

12 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Cause most of the time, they're spot on.. What I've said makes perfect sense and like I said, it happens with every movie and did so with JW.. It's just that when movies make a lot of $$$$$ like JW and TA did and now this, for some reason, people just see it as a threat deep down and just want to watch the world burn over it(see what I did there??):P

Are you suggesting that people who don't like Jurassic World are not sincere in their dislike for it?

Also, if we're big fans of something then why would we want to dislike it BKB? You're off your rocker, again.

• Like 1

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well who didn't??? :popcorn:

That s my point and that s what this movie s existence is all about.

Capturing that good ol' OT feeling, which the film amazingly succeeds to do

Its sad really given the scale of the SW universe. The amount of detail and depth you have from the movies and TV shows (especially Clone Wars) is massive and yet the best they could do was just rehash the first movie a bit. It was so bland i actually missed the silly noises and poop jokes of the PT.

At least there wasnt a painful level of lensflare... small mercies.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Desert : A New Hope

Ice Planet : Empire

Forest : Jedi

JJ, you really liked the original trilogy, did you ?

There were trees everywhere. Never seen so many trees in a movie before. 
First tree planet: castle scene
Second tree planet: rebel base
Third tree planet: starkiller
Fourth tree planet: Luke's hiding place

I dreamed about trees last night. 
And woke up depressed. 

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Oh I don't think I am and YES, there were definitely some folks not sincere with their JW reviews, but like I said, this happens and happens with every major blockbuster that either defies box office and breaks records or lives up to the hype, and or both.. It's true..

I gave JW a pass on the rehash thing due to the fact that the very concept of Jurassic Park means that any sequel is gonna be a rehash. Star Wars is supposed to have a very large universe with plenty of different things that could be done with it.

If the movie is fun, I will still give it a good grade. But I don't think these people have an agenda in their complaints. It sounds like there are a lot of rehashed elements. Even some of the most positive reviews I've seen have said the same thing about it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Its sad really given the scale of the SW universe. The amount of detail and depth you have from the movies and TV shows (especially Clone Wars) is massive and yet the best they could do was just rehash the first movie a bit. It was so bland i actually missed the silly noises and poop jokes of the PT.

At least there wasnt a painful level of lensflare... small mercies.

I missed all those little bits of music you would get at the end of a scene, than a screen wipe to the next scene.

The film didn't feel like the orig trilogy to me, even though many seem to think it does.

2 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

The problerm is he is totally wrong, it misses the feel of the original movie by a million lightyears.

There s no right or wrong on feelings, man, just opinions & preferences.

• Like 3

I think the general audience will probably love the film. I get the feeling we may have a Star Trek reboot situation here (another Abrams film funnily) where a lot of the more hardcore Trekkies hated what Abrams did with the film and how he dumbed it down, while the general audience lapped it up and appreciated the changes.

EDIT. I'm not saying SW7 is dumbed down by the way.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

I think the general audience will probably love the film. I get the feeling we may have a Star Trek reboot situation here (another Abrams film funnily) where a lot of the more hardcore Trekkies hated what Abrams did with the film and how he dumbed it down, while the general audience lapped it up and appreciated the changes.

Plus there will be people who see this that haven't seen the old movies. For them it will be a brand new experience, not a "rehash" as some of the old school fans are calling it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Plus there will be people who see this that haven't seen the old movies. For them it will be a brand new experience, not a "rehash" as some of the old school fans are calling it.

Maybe thats what they were going for, rehashing the film that 'started it all' to try and deliver that magic again to a new generation.

I think they failed in that but i'm not the new generation so what can i say.

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I haven't seen it yet, but the rehash factor seems to be bothering a lot of people. I don't think anyone would expect modern day Disney to give us another film as good as Empire Strikes Back. Too big of a corporate influence for that. But is it too much to ask for a new story that doesn't rehash just about every single aspect of ANH? This is the complaint I've been reading on numerous websites. I'm curious to see how it plays myself. If nothing else I figure the box office will be fun to track even if the movie itself is just a cash grab.

Yes, the rehash factor, the winks and nods to the past, not forging its own path, keep it from being truly special. But they don't keep it from being great. They don't ruin the movie, at least not for me.

• Like 4

From my first viewing I only had 2 problems with this movie.. and none of them is what people are saying..

1st one is when In Han's small base the monsters killing everyone and eating everyone but when they get Finn they don't eat it..they run...wtf?!

2nd one is when 3CPO calling Leia "princess, oh sorry, general"..dude you are with her for more than 30 years and you know that she is a general for a long time...no? why call princess all of a sudden? and you are a robot!

this is my cons.

I liked the idea of Remake/reboot of the series in this one... The ending was good! when Kylo is trying to get the LS and it flies to Rey (awesome), Han's death comes with no surprise, but Kylo was great! I think the 1st and 3rd act were the best, and they could bring something more for the middle and make a bigger movie. 

People are talking about the Death-Star-Thing like it was a big deal in the movie (it wasn't) there were more important things going on in the movie than the fight of the X-Wings and the Death-Star...

5 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

From my first viewing I only had 2 problems with this movie.. and none of them is what people are saying..

1st one is when In Han's small base the monsters killing everyone and eating everyone but when they get Finn they don't eat it..they run...wtf?!

2nd one is when 3CPO calling Leia "princess, oh sorry, general"..dude you are with her for more than 30 years and you know that she is a general for a long time...no? why call princess all of a sudden? and you are a robot!

this is my cons.

I liked the idea of Remake/reboot of the series in this one... The ending was good! when Kylo is trying to get the LS and it flies to Rey (awesome), Han's death comes with no surprise, but Kylo was great! I think the 1st and 3rd act were the best, and they could bring something more for the middle and make a bigger movie. 

People are talking about the Death-Star-Thing like it was a big deal in the movie (it wasn't) there were more important things going on in the movie than the fight of the X-Wings and the Death-Star...

Even the whole Death Star/Starkiller base thing was badly set up.

In ANH you had the meeting where they talked about the final attack and strategy etc, you then had the saying goodbye bits and the X-Wing taking off for the Death Star. In SW7 all you see is General Leia talking to someone, then some person comes a long and says "General Leeia, we have found this weak spot", Leia then says something like "Oh ok, X-Wings get ready for take off" and then the attack starts. Its like zero build up and zero tension.

Plus we barely get to see any of the ariel battle/attack, its such a poor 'version' of what was a lengthy and tension and adrenaline filled ending on ANH.

If THIS film had launched in 1977 instead of ANH, we wouldn't be here talking about Star Wars now, i'm pretty certain of that!.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Yes, the rehash factor, the winks and nods to the past, not forging its own path, keep it from being truly special. But they don't keep it from being great. They don't ruin the movie, at least not for me.

The winks and nods are fine. I mean, there are too many of them, but they're expected and they don't really detract from the experience. Some of them are even sweet and funny. It's just the fact that the entire film is a rehash of the original, and the film refusing to do anything new. 

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb
  • Like 1