CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

1 minute ago, K1Rey said:

What would be funny is if next Monday's number still comes out on top of SM2 with 28M :lol:

It is likely that it comes out way above Spider-Man 2's 28M :lol:

3 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I was screaming 57m+ then 40m from the rooftops when deadline said 48m sun then 30m monday.

And I'm credible  even when I'm bullshitting :D

I've come to the conclusion the best way to predict is to find an optimistic # that I would be thrilled with, tack on another 10% and there is the correct total.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I mean, obviously Saturday and Sunday could have been bigger if there were no NFL or shopping.  But both don't seem to have effected it majorly, people planned Star Wars into their days.

Yeah! Let's blame Jesus and Joe Namath for sub 300m weekend

As incredible as Titanic's 20x multiplier run was it is nowhere close to how insane E.T.'s run was. go look at E.T.'s grosses on a day to day basis. Its weekdays were just as good as it's weekends and even though it grosses $1.1 Billion domestic it never even crossed $15 million on a single day. Its ridiculous and the more you look at it the more u will be mind blown. it was making over $1m a day a year into its run. End of case

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jessie said:

Then you must only be 6 years old. Avatar almost earning 3b worldwide is a much bigger achievement than SW making 1b domestically lol. 

They are both massive achievements however Avatar took advantage of a very favorable exchange rate.

I believe with todays exchange rate Avatar would do 2 billion or less.  TFA will match that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shruth said:

As incredible as Titanic's 20x multiplier run was it is nowhere close to how insane E.T.'s run was. go look at E.T.'s grosses on a day to day basis. Its weekdays were just as good as it's weekends and even though it grosses $1.1 Billion domestic it never even crossed $15 million on a single day. Its ridiculous and the more you look at it the more u will be mind blown. it was making over $1m a day a year into its run. End of case

Different era. Can't compare. Less theaters, Summer, VCR didn't kick in yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

Cameron has announced Avatar 2 will drop Christmas 2017 (with Avatar 3 on Christmas 2018 and Avatar 4 on Christmas 2019 lmao). 

More of a confirmation that Avatar won't be coming Christmas 2017 (shocking!) Read this last sentence

"Christmas of ’17 is the target," Cameron confirmed of the expected release of Avatar 2. "At least, that’s what we’ve announced. But I don’t consider that to be as important as the fact that when we get all three films done, we drop them a year apart."

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Are we still questioning Rth's abilities?  For those who are, feel free to give us numbers that are close to the mark on a consistent basis.

Friday was off at times but last three days he's been crushing it. His adjustments have been incredible, guy should work for the studios or media. Could make some nice coin I bet.