CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

2 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

If TFA Followed Avatar through the next three weeks :ph34r:

Mon: 40.1m

Tue: 39.4m

Wed: 40.3m

Thu: 27.3m

395m 1st Week

Fri: 56.5m

Sat: 69.2m 

Sun: 59.4m

2nd Weekend: 185.1m (580.1m)

Mon: 47.6m

Tue: 44.8m

Wed: 45.2m

Thu: 36.2m

2nd Week: 753.9m

Fri: 62.1m

Sat: 63.3m

Sun: 42.6m

3rd Weekend: 168m (921.9m)

Mon: 19.9m

Tue: 18m

Wed: 17m

Thu: 15m

3 Week Total: 991.8m

LMAO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

If TFA Followed Avatar through the next three weeks :ph34r:

Mon: 40.1m

Tue: 39.4m

Wed: 40.3m

Thu: 27.3m

395m 1st Week

Fri: 56.5m

Sat: 69.2m 

Sun: 59.4m

2nd Weekend: 185.1m (580.1m)

Mon: 47.6m

Tue: 44.8m

Wed: 45.2m

Thu: 36.2m

2nd Week: 753.9m

Fri: 62.1m

Sat: 63.3m

Sun: 42.6m

3rd Weekend: 168m (921.9m)

Mon: 19.9m

Tue: 18m

Wed: 17m

Thu: 15m

3 Week Total: 991.8m

Lol that would be something else 2.0+ Billion domestic

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Spider-Man really fell down in the ditch from the mid-2000's movie popularity. He still destroys all competitors in merchandise though.

Why are we bringing up painful memories for me? I like to live in a world where it's eternally 2004. 

• Like 3

Sorry if they have already been posted.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Friday was off at times but last three days he's been crushing it. His adjustments have been incredible, guy should work for the studios or media. Could make some nice coin I bet.

Uhh, doesn't he already work for a tracking company?  That's why he's able to provide us early numbers in the first place.

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Speaking of China, what was the record in 1997 when Titanic came out? It grossed $44m in its original run. The re-release set a new opening weekend record at $67m on its way to $145m in 2012, so clearly it was a beloved movie there. One wonders what it might have done with the current market as a brand new film.

It grossed 44m$ in its original run in China? I don't think that's possible. Where did you get that number? Even if a film made 44m$ in 2003 (the farthest back year from which I have the yearly market increase data) that would adjust to 2720m$ today!! And there are still 5 more years of growth in between 1998 and 2003....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

It was called America before england. w/o  england, youre right, it would be different. It wouldn't have the scar of a slave history.

So I take it you have no comment on the topical hand, I'll take that as a sign of defeat ;)

3 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Why are we bringing up painful memories for me? I like to live in a world where it's eternally 2004. 

I only pretend that Spiderman 1-3 exist anyway (yes spiderman 3, its still part of the orig trilogy).

The painting by numbers 'Amazing' films are amazingly shite.

2 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Uhh, doinsn't he already work s a itracking company?  That's  why he's able to provide us early numbers in the first place.

Rth has told the few of us  who have met him (had lunch with him In toronto last year) who he works for and he asked us all to keep It hush hush. He wouldnt let me take his picture either. But hes definitely connected.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

What are the chances you guys think that Episode VIII moves to Christmas 2017?  If it all possible I wouldn't want to mess with the massive success of the release date. Not sure when Avatar 2 is going to be ready.

It's possible but I doubt it.   The reality remains that the vast majority of the all-time box office hits open in the summer.  Prior to this, the only exceptions were two James Cameron films -- almost everything thing else was a summer-based release (with occasional exceptions like Frozen, Hunger Games, etc.).

I still think the summer model gives you the best chance for a hit, but I also recognize that this run shows how one movie can dominate a given time period . . . .