baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

I don't see it being below $700M on the 3rd.

From there it would look like

Hobbit 3: 810 (Lower multi due to being a Wed opener)

Return of the King/King Kong: 910 (Lower multi due to being a Wed opener)

Tron Legacy: 920

Hobbit 2: 955

Hobbit 1: 960 (2012's schedule is hard to compare to)

Edited by cory
  • Like 3

I just want to point out something funny.

If $37.88 holds up, it'll be the fifth biggest single December day in box office history.

What beat it? The previous 4 TFA days. The opening day for The Hobbit was $37.1 million. How ridiculous is that? 

• Like 20

Just now, junkshop36 said:

Seeing it again today in IMAX 3D. It'll be my first time watching a movie in IMAX. Never felt the need to do it before. 

Star Wars, it's POWAH!!!! :)

when done right IMAX is incredible

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

FUCKING IDIOTS.. Only one TRADITIONAL IMAX in country and we're not getting STAR WARS in that format.. F***** 
How could they, how could they do this.

lmXMdU4.gif

On which country do you live?

9 hours ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Didn't they have to do these very things to accommodate the other franchises you mentioned?

Sorry it took me so long to answer... I went to sleep last night. :P 

Those shows weren't added because of demand, they were scheduled initially and then left as is. And since almost none of them sold out, I have to assume demand didn't meet supply. I have no idea why the SW marathons weren't as widespread, but not having the rights to ANH is as good an answer as any, I suppose. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Anyone else feel the 900m and especially the 1b talk is a wee premature? Let's say around 650m by the end of New Years weekend, and another 200m after that (JW legs), which gives us 850m total.

Or are y'all expecting Avatar drops or something throughout its run?

Personally, I think it can do 900m, but 1b seems like a long shot.

Giving SW ROTK-esque drops thru the holidays and HOBBIT drops afterwards gets you into the low- to mid-900s. 

• Like 9

In other news, I finally changed my profile pic to match the whole Star Wars theme. In the 5+ years of having this username, not once has my profile pic actually been a Jawa.

Also, this is post #1,977. 1977, just like Star Wars...

Edited by Jawa
  • Like 11